Mary C Politi
Affiliation: Brown University
- Biologically based complementary and alternative medicine use among breast cancer survivors: relationship to dietary fat consumption and exerciseMary C Politi
Brown Medical School, Providence, RI, USA
Support Care Cancer 14:1064-9. 2006..These findings suggest that biologically based CAM use among breast cancer survivors is associated with some, but not all, healthy lifestyle behaviors...
- Revisiting the duration of vasomotor symptoms of menopause: a meta-analysisMary C Politi
Department of Behavioral and Preventive Medicine, Brown Medical School, Providence, RI 02903, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:1507-13. 2008..Treatment decisions about menopause are predicated on a transient duration of vasomotor symptoms. However, evidence supporting a specific duration is weak...
- Patient-provider communication and cancer screening among unmarried womenMary C Politi
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University The Miriam Hospital, Centers for Behavioral and Preventive Medicine, CORO Suite 500, One Hoppin Street, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Patient Educ Couns 73:251-5. 2008..The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between patient and provider communication, barriers to cancer screening, and on-schedule breast and cervical cancer screening (BCCS) among unmarried women...
- Patient-provider communication about sexual health among unmarried middle-aged and older womenMary C Politi
Center for Behavioral Medicine, The Miriam Hospital, Brown Medical School, Coro Building, Suite 500, One Hoppin St, Providence, RI 02903, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:511-6. 2009....
- Advance care planning as a shared endeavor: completion of ACP documents in a multidisciplinary cancer programMelissa A Clark
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Psychooncology 26:67-73. 2017..We examined the roles of oncology providers in advance care planning (ACP) delivery in the context of a multidisciplinary cancer program...
- Communicating the uncertainty of harms and benefits of medical interventionsMary C Politi
Brown Medical School Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Med Decis Making 27:681-95. 2007..Little is known about the optimal approaches to or outcomes of communicating uncertainty about the risks and benefits of treatments...
- Advance care planning decisions of women with cancer: provider recognition and stability of choicesDon S Dizon
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medicine, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Women and Infants Hospital of Rhode Island, Providence, RI, USA
J Psychosoc Oncol 27:383-95. 2009..Understanding the network of people who serve ACP and support roles may be important as we seek to improve the process of ACP and surrogate decision making...
- The effects of age and emotional acceptance on distress among breast cancer patientsMary C Politi
Psychology Internship Training, Brown Medical School, Providence, RI, USA
Support Care Cancer 15:73-9. 2007..This study examined whether emotional acceptance moderates the relationship between age and distress among breast cancer patients near the end of the first year after diagnosis...