J H Nassau
Affiliation: Brown University
- Repressive-defensive style and physiological reactivity among children and adolescents with asthmaJ H Nassau
Rhode Island Hospital Brown University School of Medicine, 593 Eddy Street, Providence, RI 02903, USA
J Psychosom Res 48:133-40. 2000..It was hypothesized that, compared with low-anxious children, repressive-defensive children would exhibit increased physiological reactivity during a stressful laboratory task, despite comparable self-reports of state anxiety...
- Review of the literature: integrating psychoneuroimmunology into pediatric chronic illness interventionsJack H Nassau
Bradley Hasbro Children s Research Center, CORO Center West Suite 204, 1 Hoppin Street, Providence, RI 02903, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 33:195-207. 2008..Provide an orientation to psychoneuroimmunology, a rationale for including assessments of immune function in intervention studies of pediatric chronic illness, review the current literature, and provide recommendations for future research...
- Symptom perception in children with asthma: cognitive and psychological factorsDaphne Koinis-Mitchell
Bradley Hasbro Children s Research Center, Brown Medical School, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Health Psychol 28:226-37. 2009..Children's subjective and objective assessments of PEFR (peak expiratory flow rate) were characterized as representing perceptual accuracy, symptom magnification, and/or underestimation of asthma symptoms...
- Pediatric asthma morbidity: the importance of symptom perception and family response to symptomsElizabeth L McQuaid
Brown Medical School, Bradley Hasbro Children s Research Center, Corp West 2, 1 Hoppin St, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 32:167-77. 2007..To determine whether family response to asthma symptoms mediates the relationship between child symptom perception and morbidity...
- Treating a high risk population: a collaboration of child psychiatry and pediatricsThomas A Roesler
Hasbro Partial Hospital Program, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown Medical School, Providence, RI, USA
Med Health R I 85:265-8. 2002