Willoughby B Britton
Affiliation: Brown University
- A randomized controlled pilot trial of classroom-based mindfulness meditation compared to an active control condition in sixth-grade childrenWilloughby B Britton
Brown University Contemplative Studies Initiative, USA Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown University Medical School, USA Electronic address
J Sch Psychol 52:263-78. 2014..These results suggest that mindfulness training may yield both unique and non-specific benefits that are shared by other novel activities. ..
- Mindfulness training alters emotional memory recall compared to active controls: support for an emotional information processing model of mindfulnessDouglas Roberts-Wolfe
Contemplative Studies Initiative, Brown University Providence, RI, USA
Front Hum Neurosci 6:15. 2012..These data suggest that mindfulness training may improve well-being via changes in emotional information processing. Future research with a fully randomized design will be needed to clarify the possible influence of self-selection...
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy improves emotional reactivity to social stress: results from a randomized controlled trialWilloughby B Britton
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University, 185 Brown Street, Providence, RI 02906, USA
Behav Ther 43:365-80. 2012....
- The contribution of mindfulness practice to a multicomponent behavioral sleep intervention following substance abuse treatment in adolescents: a treatment-development studyWilloughby B Britton
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown University Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island 02906, USA
Subst Abus 31:86-97. 2010..These findings suggest that sleep is an important therapeutic target in substance abusing adolescents and that MM may be a useful component to promote improved sleep...
- Polysomnographic and subjective profiles of sleep continuity before and after mindfulness-based cognitive therapy in partially remitted depressionWilloughby B Britton
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University, 185 Brown St, Providence, RI 02906, USA
Psychosom Med 72:539-48. 2010..However, none of these studies used objective PSG sleep recordings within longitudinal randomized controlled trials of naïve subjects...
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy improves polysomnographic and subjective sleep profiles in antidepressant users with sleep complaintsWilloughby B Britton
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown University Medical School, Providence, RI 02906, USA willoughby_britton brown edu
Psychother Psychosom 81:296-304. 2012....
- Awakening is not a metaphor: the effects of Buddhist meditation practices on basic wakefulnessWilloughby B Britton
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1307:64-81. 2014....
- Major depression duration reduces appetitive word use: an elaborated verbal recall of emotional photographsMaria R Capecelatro
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Warren Alpert Medical School at Brown University, 185 Brown St, Providence, RI, USA
J Psychiatr Res 47:809-15. 2013..This study further explores cognitive biases in depression by comparing the effect of current depression status to cumulative depression history on an elaborated verbal recall of emotional photographs...
- Effects of mindfulness training on body awareness to sexual stimuli: implications for female sexual dysfunctionR Gina Silverstein
Contemplative Studies Initiative, Brown University, Providence, RI 02906, USA
Psychosom Med 73:817-25. 2011..This study explores the effect of mindfulness meditation training on interoceptive awareness and the three categories of known barriers to healthy sexual functioning: attention, self-judgment, and clinical symptoms...
- Associations of Dispositional Mindfulness with Obesity and Central Adiposity: the New England Family StudyEric B Loucks
Department of Epidemiology, Brown University School of Public Health, 121 South Main St, Providence, RI, 02912, USA
Int J Behav Med 23:224-33. 2016..To evaluate whether dispositional mindfulness (defined as the ability to attend nonjudgmentally to one's own physical and mental processes) is associated with obesity and central adiposity...
- Motivational and mindfulness intervention for young adult female marijuana usersMarcel A de Dios
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 42:56-64. 2012..23, p = .026) fewer days at Months 1, 2, and 3, respectively, than controls. Findings from this pilot study provide preliminary evidence for the feasibility and effectiveness of a brief MI-MM for young adult female marijuana users...