Richard W Besdine
Affiliation: Brown University
- Improving health for elderly people: an international health promotion and disease prevention agendaRichard W Besdine
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Aging Clin Exp Res 22:219-30. 2010..Strategies for implementation of effective interventions present an international challenge...
- Alzheimer's disease in RI: perspectives in 2002Richard W Besdine
Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, Division of Geriatrics, Brown Medical School, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Med Health R I 85:200-1. 2002
- Aging of the human nervous system: what do we know?Richard W Besdine
Division of Geriatrics Medicine, Center for Gerontology and Healthcare Research, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
Med Health R I 91:129-31. 2008
- Integrating and evaluating geriatrics in medical school: a novel approach for the challengeRichard W Besdine
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 32:295-308. 2011..Evaluation includes "tracking" to compute the "dose" of aging content, and "journaling" and focus groups to evaluate students' responses. Integrating geriatrics across a broad range of courses and clinical experiences is feasible...
- Teaching communication and compassionate care skills: an innovative curriculum for pre-clerkship medical studentsRenee R Shield
Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Med Teach 33:e408-16. 2011..Physicians require communications training to improve effective and compassionate care. Clinicians discuss challenging communication issues in existing hospital "Schwartz Rounds."..
- Cadaver treasure hunt: introducing geriatrics concepts in the anatomy classLynn McNicoll
Department of Medicine, Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:962-6. 2012..Evaluations have been mostly positive (82-87% positive responses). The anatomy lecture and "treasure hunt" experience are unique strategies for using cadavers to introduce geriatrics principles into the medical school...
- Preparing for the silver tsunami: the integration of geriatrics into the new medical curriculum at the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown UniversityRenee R Shield
Resource Center for Geriatrics Education, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Med Health R I 91:247-9. 2008
- A systematic review of curricular interventions teaching transitional care to physicians-in-training and physiciansIan M Buchanan
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
Acad Med 86:628-39. 2011..To systematically review and describe published interventions about teaching continuity-of-care best practices, embodied by transitional care, to physician-trainees and physicians...
- From Occam's razor to multimorbidity: geriatrics comes of ageStefan Gravenstein
Aging Clin Exp Res 20:179-80. 2008