Murli U Purswani
Affiliation: Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center
- Tenofovir treatment duration predicts proteinuria in a multiethnic United States Cohort of children and adolescents with perinatal HIV-1 infectionMurli Purswani
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10457, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:495-500. 2013..Tenofovir is associated with renal proximal tubule injury. Such toxicity has not been extensively studied in HIV-1-infected children, in whom tenofovir is increasingly used...
- Chronic kidney disease associated with perinatal HIV infection in children and adolescentsMurli U Purswani
Department of Pediatrics, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10457, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 27:981-9. 2012..This study describes the incidence, clinical and demographic characteristics, and spectrum of chronic kidney disease (CKD) in youths with perinatal HIV-1 infection...
- A blinded survey of the seroprevalence of HIV-1 infection in an inner-city adolescent and young adult population attending a community hospital in the United StatesMurli U Purswani
Department of Pediatrics, Infectious Diseases Division, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, Bronx, New York 10457, USA
J Adolesc Health 40:182-4. 2007..A crude prevalence of 0.98% (95% CI 0.08-1.88%) was observed, higher than rates in United States national HIV surveys, underscoring the need for enhanced screening and preventive services...
- Infant acceptance of a bitter-tasting liquid medication: a randomized controlled trial comparing the Rx Medibottle with an oral syringeMurli U Purswani
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, 1685 Morris Avenue, Bronx, NY 10457, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 163:186-8. 2009..Our study tests the efficacy of this bottle in administering a single dose of generic prednisolone liquid, a bitter-tasting drug, with an oral syringe serving as the control method of delivery...
- Predictors of resolution and persistence of renal laboratory abnormalities in pediatric HIV infectionCharles D Mitchell
Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Room 286, Batchelor Children s Research Institute, 1580 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, 33136, FL, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 30:153-65. 2015..The identification of predictors of abnormal renal laboratory events (RLE) may be helpful in the management of their HIV infection and its associated renal complications...
- Effect of ciprofloxacin on lethal and sublethal challenge with endotoxin and on early cytokine responses in a murine in vivo modelMurli U Purswani
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, NY, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 50:51-8. 2002..This effect may influence the course of infection in a manner that is independent of the drug's antimicrobial activity...
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center Pediatric ACTUMurli Purswani; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..