Murli U Purswani
Affiliation: Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center
- Tenofovir treatment duration predicts proteinuria in a multiethnic United States Cohort of children and adolescents with perinatal HIV-1 infectionMurli Purswani
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10457, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:495-500. 2013..Tenofovir is associated with renal proximal tubule injury. Such toxicity has not been extensively studied in HIV-1-infected children, in whom tenofovir is increasingly used...
- Chronic kidney disease associated with perinatal HIV infection in children and adolescentsMurli U Purswani
Department of Pediatrics, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10457, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 27:981-9. 2012..This study describes the incidence, clinical and demographic characteristics, and spectrum of chronic kidney disease (CKD) in youths with perinatal HIV-1 infection...
- A blinded survey of the seroprevalence of HIV-1 infection in an inner-city adolescent and young adult population attending a community hospital in the United StatesMurli U Purswani
Department of Pediatrics, Infectious Diseases Division, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, Bronx, New York 10457, USA
J Adolesc Health 40:182-4. 2007..A crude prevalence of 0.98% (95% CI 0.08-1.88%) was observed, higher than rates in United States national HIV surveys, underscoring the need for enhanced screening and preventive services...
- Infant acceptance of a bitter-tasting liquid medication: a randomized controlled trial comparing the Rx Medibottle with an oral syringeMurli U Purswani
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, 1685 Morris Avenue, Bronx, NY 10457, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 163:186-8. 2009..Our study tests the efficacy of this bottle in administering a single dose of generic prednisolone liquid, a bitter-tasting drug, with an oral syringe serving as the control method of delivery...
- Brief Report: APOL1 Renal Risk Variants Are Associated With Chronic Kidney Disease in Children and Youth With Perinatal HIV InfectionMurli U Purswani
Division of Pediatric Infectious Disease, Department of Pediatrics, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY Department of Epidemiology, Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health, Boston, MA Basic Science Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Leidos Biomedical Inc Frederick National Laboratory, Frederick, MD Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Diego UCSD, La Jolla, CA Rady Children s Hospital, San Diego, CA Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD Department of Pediatrics, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL Department of Pediatrics, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA and National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 73:63-8. 2016..2 to 10.0]. We report an unadjusted incidence of 1.2 CKD cases/100 person-years (95% CI: 0.5 to 2.5) in PHIV youth carrying APOL1 high-risk genotypes, with important implications for sub-Saharan Africa. ..
- Predictors of resolution and persistence of renal laboratory abnormalities in pediatric HIV infectionCharles D Mitchell
Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Room 286, Batchelor Children s Research Institute, 1580 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, 33136, FL, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 30:153-65. 2015..The identification of predictors of abnormal renal laboratory events (RLE) may be helpful in the management of their HIV infection and its associated renal complications...
- Prevalence and Persistence of Varicella Antibodies in Previously Immunized Children and Youth With Perinatal HIV-1 InfectionMurli U Purswani
Division of Pediatric Infectious Disease, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York
Clin Infect Dis 62:106-14. 2016..We determined the prevalence and persistence of antibody in immunized children with perinatal HIV (PHIV) and their association with number of vaccinations, combination antiretroviral therapy (cART), and HIV status...
- Effect of ciprofloxacin on lethal and sublethal challenge with endotoxin and on early cytokine responses in a murine in vivo modelMurli U Purswani
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, NY, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 50:51-8. 2002..This effect may influence the course of infection in a manner that is independent of the drug's antimicrobial activity...
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center Pediatric ACTUMurli Purswani; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..