Steven L Percival
Affiliation: Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Bacterial resistance to silver in wound careS L Percival
ConvaTec Wound Therapeutics, Global Development Centre, Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire CH5 2NU, UK
J Hosp Infect 60:1-7. 2005..It is the purpose of this review to assess the likelihood of widespread resistance to silver and the potential for silver to induce cross-resistance to antibiotics, in light of its increasing usage within the healthcare setting...
- Antimicrobial activity of silver-containing dressings on wound microorganisms using an in vitro biofilm modelSteven L Percival
ConvaTec Wound Therapeutics, Global Development Centre, Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire, UK
Int Wound J 4:186-91. 2007..Although the microorganisms tested were universally less susceptible to the silver dressings when in their biofilm state, in the majority of cases, the SCH dressing demonstrated greater biofilm-inhibiting activity than the NCS...
- Evaluating antibiotics for use in medicine using a poloxamer biofilm modelAbi L Clutterbuck
University of Wales, Institute of Rural Studies, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Wales, SY23 3AL, UK
Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob 6:2. 2007..The aim of this research was to test a more appropriate method for testing antimicrobial efficacy on biofilms and compare with the standard methods used for antibiotic sensitivity testing...
- Assessing the effect of an antimicrobial wound dressing on biofilmsSteven L Percival
Microbiology and Anti Infectives, ConvaTec Wound Therapeutics, GDC, Deeside, United Kingdom
Wound Repair Regen 16:52-7. 2008....
- Prevalence of silver resistance in bacteria isolated from diabetic foot ulcers and efficacy of silver-containing wound dressingsSteven L Percival
ConvaTec Wound Therapeutics, Deeside Flintshire, UK
Ostomy Wound Manage 54:30-40. 2008..While silver resistance in wound care should be monitored, the threat of widespread resistance is low and silver-containing dressings remain an extremely important tool in managing wound infection...
- Prevalence of silver resistance genes in bacteria isolated from human and horse woundsE J Woods
ConvaTec, Deeside, Flintshire, UK
Vet Microbiol 138:325-9. 2009..Furthermore, investigation of phenotypic resistance in sil-positive isolates showed that silver continued to be effective...
- Tetrasodium EDTA as a novel central venous catheter lock solution against biofilmSteven L Percival
Department of Microbiology, Leeds Teaching Hospitals, Leeds, United Kingdom
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 26:515-9. 2005..This study tested the efficacy of tetrasodium EDTA as a catheter lock solution on biofilms of several clinically relevant microorganisms...