K A Augustine-Rauch
Affiliation: Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Predictive teratology: teratogenic risk-hazard identification partnered in the discovery processK A Augustine-Rauch
Bristol Myers Squibb, Hopewell, NJ 08534, USA
Curr Drug Metab 9:971-7. 2008..This review discusses approaches that can be applied for proactive assessment of compounds for teratogenic liability...
- A study of vehicles for dosing rodent whole embryo culture with non aqueous soluble compoundsKaren A Augustine-Rauch
Department of Reproductive Toxicology, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, PA, USA
Reprod Toxicol 18:391-8. 2004..Both solutions delivered RA to the cultured rat embryos at higher doses. In summary, all four solvents/solutions may have utility as vehicles dependent upon the chemical properties of the compound to be solubilized...
- Alternative experimental approaches for interpreting skeletal findings in safety studiesKaren Augustine-Rauch
Reproductive Toxicology, Bristol Myers Squibb Research Institute, Hopewell, New Jersey 08534, USA
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 80:497-504. 2007....
- Evidence for a molecular mechanism of teratogenicity of SB-236057, a 5-HT1B receptor inverse agonist that alters axial formationKaren A Augustine-Rauch
Department of Reproductive Toxicology, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 70:789-807. 2004..SB-236057 is a potent skeletal teratogen in rodents and rabbits, producing axial and posterior somite malformations in cultured rat embryos. The compound shares some structural similarity to cyclopamine...
- SB-236057: Critical window of sensitivity study and embryopathy of a potent musculoskeletal teratogenKaren A Augustine-Rauch
GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 70:773-88. 2004..SB-236057 is a potent skeletal teratogen in rodents and rabbits. The study objective was to identify the critical developmental window of compound sensitivity and to characterize the early onset of SB-236057 embryopathy...
- Selection of normalizer genes in conducting relative gene expression analysis of embryosQin J Zhang
Department of Reproductive Toxicology, Safety Assessment, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 67:533-44. 2003..Since some developmental toxicants secondarily cause general growth retardation and/or other general biological changes, commonly used housekeeping genes may not serve as accurate normalizers...