Melvin Khee Shing Leow
Affiliation: Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Hypocortisolism in survivors of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)Melvin Khee Shing Leow
Department of Endocrinology, Division of Medicine, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 63:197-202. 2005..Hence, we sought to determine the existence of any chronic endocrine sequelae in SARS survivors...
- Configuration of the hemoglobin oxygen dissociation curve demystified: a basic mathematical proof for medical and biological sciences undergraduatesMelvin Khee Shing Leow
Department of Endocrinology, Division of Medicine, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, and Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Adv Physiol Educ 31:198-201. 2007....
- A mathematical model of pituitary--thyroid interaction to provide an insight into the nature of the thyrotropin--thyroid hormone relationshipMelvin Khee Shing Leow
Department of Endocrinology, Division of Medicine, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433, Singapore
J Theor Biol 248:275-87. 2007..Using this model, the profound sensitivity of thyrotrophs to feedback by thyroid hormones can be appreciated and understood better in the context of diseases of thyroid hormone excess and deficiency...
- 1-year pulmonary function and health status in survivors of severe acute respiratory syndromeKian Chung Ong
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore
Chest 128:1393-400. 2005..To characterize the long-term pulmonary function and health status in a prospectively identified cohort of patients who survived the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)...
- Postprandial changes in cardiometabolic disease risk in young Chinese men following isocaloric high or low protein diets, stratified by either high or low meal frequency - a randomized controlled crossover trialAlexander Mok
Clinical Nutrition Research Centre, Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciences, 14 Medical Drive, 07 02, Singapore, 117599, Singapore
Nutr J 15:27. 2016....
- Impact of preloading either dairy or soy milk on postprandial glycemia, insulinemia and gastric emptying in healthy adultsLijuan Sun
Clinical Nutrition Research Centre, 14 Medical Drive 07 02, MD 6 Building, Singapore, 117599, Singapore
Eur J Nutr . 2015....
- The haptoglobin 2-2 genotype is associated with inflammation and carotid artery intima-media thicknessRinkoo Dalan
Endocrinology Department, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore Metabolic Medicine Research Program, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Diab Vasc Dis Res 13:373-6. 2016..013]. This pilot study shows an association of the haptoglobin 2-2 genotype with low-grade inflammation, haptoglobin concentration and carotid artery intima-media thickness in multi-ethnic Singapore. ..
- Ethnic variation in the correlation between fasting glucose concentration and glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c)Rinkoo Dalan
Department of Endocrinology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, Singapore Duke NUS Graduate Medical School, Singapore
Endocr Pract 19:812-7. 2013..We aimed to determine the relationship between fasting serum glucose (FSG) concentration and glycated hemoglobin-A1c (HbA1c) in the 3 ethnicities in Singapore after adjustment for demographic and therapeutic variables...
- Multiple endocrinopathies associated with lithium therapyRinkoo Dalan
Department of Endocrinology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Tan Tock Seng, Singapore
Endocr Pract 13:758-63. 2007..To illustrate a case of lithium-associated primary hyperparathyroidism, thyrotoxicosis, and nephrogenic diabetes insipidus and to discuss the potential mechanisms for these complications...
- High iodine (substrate) turnover Graves' disease: the intriguing 'rapid responder' variant of thyrotoxicosisRinkoo Dalan
Department of Endocrinology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433
Ann Clin Biochem 45:612-5. 2008..The possible pathogenetic mechanisms for the chaotic fluctuations in thyroid hormones to minor changes in thionamide dose adjustments are discussed as well...
- Quality of life and psychological status in survivors of severe acute respiratory syndrome at 3 months postdischargeSeow Khee Kwek
Department of Psychological Medicine, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433
J Psychosom Res 60:513-9. 2006..Little is known about the long-term consequence of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). We carried out an assessment on SARS patients after their recovery from their acute illness...