Don L Goldenberg
Affiliation: Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Office management of fibromyalgiaDon L Goldenberg
Division of Rheumatology, Newton Wellesley Hospital, Department of Medicine, Tufs University School of Medicine, Newton, MA 02462, USA
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 28:437-46, xi. 2002..Additionally, some rheumatologists may wish to subspecialize in FM, a major career commitment to this perplexing disorder. These situations constitute advanced FM management...
- New concepts in pain research and pain management of the rheumatic diseasesDon L Goldenberg
Tufts University School of Medicine, Newton, MA, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 41:319-34. 2011..To provide an update on advances in pain research and practical guidelines for pain management in the rheumatic diseases...
- Introduction: fibromyalgia and its related disordersDon L Goldenberg
Department of Medicine, Newton Wellesley Hospital, Newton, Mass, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:4-5. 2008
- The interface of pain and mood disturbances in the rheumatic diseasesDon L Goldenberg
Rheumatology, Newton Wellesley Hospital, Tufts University School of Medicine, Newton, MA, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 40:15-31. 2010..To review the overlap of pain and depression in the rheumatic diseases, focusing on fibromyalgia (FM) and rheumatoid arthritis, and to provide treatment recommendations based on an understanding of this interface...
- Pharmacological treatment of fibromyalgia and other chronic musculoskeletal painDon L Goldenberg
Newton Wellesley Hospital, Division of Rheumatology, Newton, MA 02468, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 21:499-511. 2007..Recent work suggests that the anti-seizure medications pregabalin and gabepentin are also effective. The only analgesic demonstrated to be helpful is tramadol...
- Diagnosis and differential diagnosis of fibromyalgiaDon L Goldenberg
Department of Rheumatology, Newton Wellesley Hospital, Newton, Massachusetts 02462, USA
Am J Med 122:S14-21. 2009..Until a better clinical case definition of fibromyalgia exists, all diagnostic criteria should be interpreted with caution, considered rudimentary, and subject to modification...
- Management of fibromyalgia syndromeDon L Goldenberg
Department of Rheumatology, Newton Wellesley Hospital, Newton, Mass 02462, USA
JAMA 292:2388-95. 2004..The optimal management of fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) is unclear and comprehensive evidence-based guidelines have not been reported...
- Durability of therapeutic response to milnacipran treatment for fibromyalgia. Results of a randomized, double-blind, monotherapy 6-month extension studyDon L Goldenberg
Department of Medicine, Newton Wellesley Hospital, Newton, Massachusetts 02462, USA
Pain Med 11:180-94. 2010....
- Pain/Depression dyad: a key to a better understanding and treatment of functional somatic syndromesDon L Goldenberg
Rheumatology, Newton Wellesley Hospital, Tufts University School of Medicine, Newton, Mass, USA
Am J Med 123:675-82. 2010..These clinical and biologic similarities are consistent with the observations that the effective management of fibromyalgia and irritable bowel syndrome is comparable to that of depression...
- Multidisciplinary modalities in the treatment of fibromyalgiaDon L Goldenberg
Department of Medicine, Newton Wellesley Hospital, Newton, Mass, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:30-4. 2008..Sensitive and appropriate methods of diagnosis and an integrated treatment plan including proper patient education, aerobic exercise, and cognitive-behavioral therapy have been shown to be effective in alleviating fibromyalgic symptoms...
- Gabapentin in the treatment of fibromyalgia: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter trialLesley M Arnold
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219, and Newton Wellesley Hospital, Newton, MA, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:1336-44. 2007..To assess the efficacy and safety of gabapentin in patients with fibromyalgia...
- Using multidisciplinary care to treat fibromyalgiaDon L Goldenberg
Department of Medicine and the Department of Rheumatology, Newton Wellesley Hospital, Newton, MA, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 70:e13. 2009....
- A randomized trial of tai chi for fibromyalgiaChenchen Wang
Division of Rheumatology, Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
N Engl J Med 363:743-54. 2010..Previous research has suggested that tai chi offers a therapeutic benefit in patients with fibromyalgia...
- Opioid Use in Fibromyalgia: A Cautionary TaleDon L Goldenberg
Department of Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA Electronic address
Mayo Clin Proc 91:640-8. 2016....
- Growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor-1 concentrations in women with fibromyalgiaJennifer S McCall-Hosenfeld
Endocrine Hypertension Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Rheumatol 30:809-14. 2003..To determine activity of the growth hormone-insulin-like growth factor-1 (GH-IGF-1) axis in women with fibromyalgia (FM)...
- Regulation of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in fibromyalgiaAnne M Maliszewski
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Rheumatol 29:1482-7. 2002..To assess the function of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone (RAA) system in women with fibromyalgia (FM) compared to healthy women...
- Lessons learned combining N-of-1 trials to assess fibromyalgia therapiesDeborah R Zucker
Tufts University School of Medicine and Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Rheumatol 33:2069-77. 2006..We combined N-of-1 trials to compare fibromyalgia therapies and to assess the feasibility and outcomes of this approach for practice-based effectiveness research...
- Fibromyalgia syndromePhilip J Mease
Swedish Medical Center, The University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
J Rheumatol 32:2270-7. 2005..A prioritized list of domains of FM to be investigated was thus developed, key issues and controversies in the field were debated, and consensus on a research agenda on outcome measure development was reached...
- Fibromyalgia: to diagnose or not. Is that still the question?Don L Goldenberg
J Rheumatol 31:633-5. 2004
- Fibromyalgia and post-traumatic stress disorder: another piece in the biopsychosocial puzzleDon L Goldenberg
Semin Arthritis Rheum 32:1-2. 2002
- Group exercise, education, and combination self-management in women with fibromyalgia: a randomized trialDaniel S Rooks
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Inc, Translational Medicine, 400 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:2192-200. 2007..Data that assess popular self-management recommendations are scarce. We evaluated and compared the effectiveness of 4 common self-management treatments on function, symptoms, and self-efficacy in women with fibromyalgia...