Barbara E Wolfe
Affiliation: Boston College
- Reproductive health in women with eating disordersBarbara E Wolfe
William F Connell School of Nursing, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467 3812, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 34:255-63. 2005..This article provides an overview of anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa, identifies the reproductive health issues that may occur in women with these disorders, and discusses the associated clinical implications for nursing practice...
- Accuracy of self-reported body weight and height in remitted anorexia nervosaBarbara E Wolfe
Boston College Connell School of Nursing, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, USA
J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc 19:66-70. 2013..Furthermore, it is currently unknown if individuals are able to correctly report their weight and height following weight recovery from AN...
- Psychopharmacologic first-line strategies in the treatment of major depression and psychosis: a survey of advanced practice nursesBarbara E Wolfe
Wm F Connell School of Nursing, Boston College, 140 Commonwealth Ave, Chestnut Hill, MA
J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc 14:144-51. 2008..Although there have been advances in drug development, less is known about the prescribing strategies used by psychiatric-mental health advanced practice nurses or the extent to which these practices reflect existing practice guidelines...
- Validity and utility of the current definition of binge eatingBarbara E Wolfe
Connell School of Nursing, Boston College, 140 Commonwealth Avenue, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts 02467, USA
Int J Eat Disord 42:674-86. 2009..This article reviews the available empirical data that support or refute the current DSM-IV-TR defined characteristics of a binge episode...
- Quality of eating disorders websites: what adolescents and their families need to knowAdrian T Smith
Connell School of Nursing, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs 24:33-7. 2011..The purpose of this study was to examine the accessibility and content quality of eating disorder websites...
- Binge eating among racial minority groups in the United States: an integrative reviewKaren M Jennings
Karen M Jennings, MS, RN, PMHNP BC, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, USA
J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc 21:117-25. 2015..Although researchers have begun to examine characteristics of BE among racial minority groups, it is unclear how these differ from White populations...
- CCK response in bulimia nervosa and following remissionSandra L Hannon-Engel
William F Connell School of Nursing, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, United States Electronic address
Physiol Behav 122:56-61. 2013..Replication studies utilizing a larger sample size are needed to further elucidate the role of CCK in recovery from BN and its potential target of related novel treatment strategies...
- State self-esteem ratings in women with bulimia nervosa and bulimia nervosa in remissionKaren A Daley
Department of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, William F Connell School of Nursing, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts 02467, USA
Int J Eat Disord 41:159-63. 2008..Bulimia nervosa (BN) is associated with low self-esteem. This study was designed to assess whether low self-esteem persists in nondepressed individuals who have recovered from BN (BN-R)...
- Serum amylase in bulimia nervosa and purging disorder: differentiating the association with binge eating versus purging behaviorBarbara E Wolfe
Department of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, William F Connell School of Nursing, 140 Commonwealth Ave, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, United States
Physiol Behav 104:684-6. 2011..The goal of this study was to assess whether serum hyperamylasemia in BN is more closely associated with binge eating episodes involving consumption of large amounts of food or with purging behavior...
- Advances in contemporary mental health nursing: a continuous processBarbara E Wolfe
William F Connell School of Nursing, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, USA
Contemp Nurse 21:160-2. 2006
- Caring for the hospitalized patient with an eating disorderBarbara E Wolfe
Department of Psychiatry, E Z 718, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 38:75-99. 2003..Inpatient nursing care is directed at optimizing health status, including focused interventions directed at improving nutrition, cognition, coping, and medical stability...
- Amenorrhea as a diagnostic criterion for anorexia nervosa: a review of the evidence and implications for practiceAdrian T Smith
Wm F Connell School of Nursing Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA
J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc 14:209-15. 2008..Data suggest there is limited support for amenorrhea as a diagnostic criterion for AN. J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc, 2008; 14(3), 209-215. DOI: 10.1177/1078390308320288...
- SEROTONIN REGULATION IN EATING DISORDERSBarbara Wolfe; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results of this project will help to clarify the usefulness of precursor augmentation as a possible new treatment approach for this devastating disorder. ..