Affiliation: Boston University
- Descriptive epidemiology of idiopathic clubfootMartha M Werler
Slone Epidemiology Center at Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Med Genet A 161:1569-78. 2013..Pathogenetic factors associated with obesity may be in the causal pathway for clubfoot...
- Risk of spina bifida and maternal cigarette, alcohol, and coffee use during the first month of pregnancyCorey M Benedum
Slone Epidemiology Center at Boston University, 1010 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 10:3263-81. 2013..Further, results were similar among women who ingested less than the recommended amount of folic acid (400 μg/day). ..
- Maternal smoking and undescended testes: reaching a tipping pointMartha Werler
Sloan Epidemiology Unit, Brookline, Massachusetts 02146, USA
Epidemiology 18:197-8. 2007....
- Hypothesis: could Epstein-Barr virus play a role in the development of gastroschisis?Martha M Werler
Slone Epidemiology Center at Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 88:71-5. 2010..There is both anecdotal and published evidence showing that gastroschisis sometimes (but not always) occurs in clusters, raising the possibility that an infectious agent might be involved in its pathogenesis...
- Case-control studies for identifying novel teratogensMartha M Werler
Slone Epidemiology Center at Boston University, 1010 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 157:201-8. 2011..Examples of case-control studies and their contributions to the field are presented. © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- Use of antiepileptic medications in pregnancy in relation to risks of birth defectsMartha M Werler
Slone Epidemiology Center at Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Epidemiol 21:842-50. 2011..To evaluate use of specific antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) in pregnancy in relation to specific birth defects...
- Application of data screening to drug exposure in large risk factor studies of birth defectsCarol Louik
Slone Epidemiology Center at Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 103:713-7. 2015..This study describes an approach to identifying those medications that most warrant attention by using a "screen" program that calculates odds ratios for pairs of exposures and specific birth defects...
- Dietary Glycemic Load, Obesity, and Birth Defect RisksMartha Werler; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Maternal Vasoactive Exposures and Risk of ClubfootMartha M Werler; Fiscal Year: 2010..Buccal cell swabs will be collected from cases, controls, and their mothers. DNA will be extracted and stored for the purpose of studying genetic risk factors in future studies. ..