Affiliation: Boston University
- MiRNAs as regulators of the response to inhaled environmental toxins and airway carcinogenesisCatalina Perdomo
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Mutat Res 717:32-7. 2011..These miRNA responses to inhaled toxins appear to be recapitulated in lung carcinogenesis, opening the possibility that modulation of the miRNA response could be a novel strategy for chemoprevention...
- MicroRNA 4423 is a primate-specific regulator of airway epithelial cell differentiation and lung carcinogenesisCatalina Perdomo
Division of Computational Biomedicine, Genetics and Genomics Program, and Pulmonary Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University, Boston, MA 02118
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:18946-51. 2013..Together, our results indicate that miR-4423 is a regulator of airway epithelium differentiation and that the abrogation of its function contributes to lung carcinogenesis. ..
- A dynamic bronchial airway gene expression signature of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and lung function impairmentKatrina Steiling
Division of Computational Biomedicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 187:933-42. 2013..Molecular phenotyping of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) has been impeded in part by the difficulty in obtaining lung tissue samples from individuals with impaired lung function...
- miR-129 regulates cell proliferation by downregulating Cdk6 expressionJunjie Wu
Pulmonary Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Cell Cycle 9:1809-18. 2010..Together, our data indicate that miR-129 plays an important role in regulating cell proliferation by downregulation of Cdk6...
- MicroRNAs as modulators of smoking-induced gene expression changes in human airway epitheliumFrank Schembri
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:2319-24. 2009..These data indicate that mir-218 levels modulate the airway epithelial gene expression response to cigarette smoke and support a role for miRNAs in regulating host response to environmental toxins...