Frederick H Millham
Affiliation: Boston University School of Medicine
- Factors associated with mortality in trauma: re-evaluation of the TRISS method using the National Trauma Data BankFrederick H Millham
Department of Surgery, Newton Wellesley Hospital, Newton, Massachusetts, USA
J Trauma 56:1090-6. 2004....
- Presenting blood pressure in traumatic brain injury: a bimodal distribution of deathSyed Nabeel Zafar
Harvard School of Public Health, Boston Massachusetts, USA
J Trauma 71:1179-84. 2011..This work has not included traumatic brain injury (TBI). We aimed to evaluate the relationship of the initial emergency department systolic blood pressure (EDSBP) with outcome...
- Guidelines for improving nutritional delivery in the intensive care unitRie Aihara
Boston University School of Medicine, USA
J Healthc Qual 24:22-9. 2002..Goal therapy was achieved in more than 90% of patients within 72 hours. The establishment of nutritional guidelines is an integral step to improving nutritional therapy in the ICU...
- Fracture locations influence the likelihood of rectal and lower urinary tract injuries in patients sustaining pelvic fracturesRie Aihara
Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma, Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Trauma 52:205-8; discussion 208-9. 2002..Rectal and lower urinary tract injuries in pelvic fractures can lead to significant complications. We sought to determine whether fracture locations could serve as markers for injury...
- Management of severe combined pulmonary and myocardial contusion with extracorporeal membrane oxygenationPeter T Masiakos
Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts, USA
J Trauma 54:1012-5. 2003
- Effects of the new Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education work hour rules on surgical interns: a prospective study in a community teaching hospitalTovy Haber Kamine
Department of Surgery, Newton Wellesley Hospital, MA 02462, USA
Am J Surg 205:163-8. 2013..We surveyed interns on the Newton Wellesley Hospital (NWH) surgery service before and after the transition from Q4 overnight call to a night float schedule...
- Outcomes and costs of acute treatment of traumatic brain injuryLisa J McGarry
Innovus Research Inc, Medford, Massachusetts 02155, USA
J Trauma 53:1152-9. 2002..Although there are nearly a quarter of a million hospitalizations for traumatic brain injury (TBI) in the United States each year, data on the outcomes and costs of TBI treatment in the acute-care setting are limited...