M W Logue
Affiliation: Boston University
- Role of p73 in Alzheimer disease: lack of association in mouse models or in human cohortsBadri Vardarajan
Department of Medicine Biomedical Genetics, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Mol Neurodegener 8:10. 2013..Here, we reevaluated tau pathologies in the same TgCRND8 mouse model as the previous studies...
- Using linkage analysis of large pedigrees to guide association analysesSeung Hoan Choi
Department of Biostatistics, Boston University School of Public Health, 801 Massachusetts Avenue, Boston, MA 02118, USA
BMC Proc 5:S79. 2011..5% of the exome. This result suggests that incorporating linkage results from large multiplex families might greatly increase the efficiency of sequencing to detect trait-associated alleles in complex disease...
- Multivariate analysis of anxiety disorders yields further evidence of linkage to chromosomes 4q21 and 7p in panic disorder familiesMark W Logue
Biomedical Genetics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 159:274-80. 2012..More generally, this suggests that analyses including multiple aspects of psychopathology may lead to greater consistency across datasets...
- Computation of the posterior probability of linkage using 'high effect' genetic model priorsM W Logue
Genetics Program, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany St L320D, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Hum Hered 66:25-34. 2008..However, much of the parameter space corresponds to models that seem unlikely to yield substantial evidence for linkage: for example, models with very high phenocopy rates...
- Examination of potential overlap in autism and language loci on chromosomes 2, 7, and 13 in two independent samples ascertained for specific language impairmentChristopher W Bartlett
Center for Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience, Rutgers University, Newark, NJ, USA
Hum Hered 57:10-20. 2004..2003). Our results indicate that using samples selected for components of the autism phenotype may be a useful adjunct to autism genetics...
- A new method for computing the multipoint posterior probability of linkageMark W Logue
Program in Public Health Genetics, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Hum Hered 57:90-9. 2004..This version, which we call the imputed PPL, is shown to be superior to previously developed versions...
- The posterior probability of linkage allowing for linkage disequilibrium and a new estimate of disequilibrium between a trait and a markerXinqun Yang
Center for Statistical Genetics Research, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Hum Hered 59:210-9. 2005..The estimate of D' also behaves well even in relatively small, heterogeneous samples...
- Model selection and Bayesian methods in statistical genetics: summary of group 11 contributions to Genetic Analysis Workshop 15Michael D Swartz
Department of Epidemiology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Genet Epidemiol 31:S96-102. 2007..These group contributions exhibit the value of framing genetic problems in terms of model selection, and highlight the impact of variable selection for gene mapping...
- The incorporation of prior genomic information does not necessarily improve the performance of Bayesian linkage methods: an example involving sex-specific recombination and the two-point PPLMark W Logue
Program in Public Health Genetics, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Hum Hered 60:196-205. 2005..We present a two-point PPL allowing for unequal male and female recombination fractions, thetaM and thetaF, and consider alternative priors on thetaM, thetaF...
- A model-integrated multipoint Bayesian analysis of hypertension in the Framingham Heart Study data finds little evidence of linkageMark W Logue
Division of Statistical Genetics, Department of Biostatistics, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
BMC Genet 4:S75. 2003..While the PPL analysis of this data remains inconclusive, Bayesian methodology gives us a clear mechanism for using the information gained here in further studies...
- Bayesian analysis of a previously published genome screen for panic disorder reveals new and compelling evidence for linkage to chromosome 7Mark W Logue
Division of Statistical Genetics, Department of Biostatistics, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 121:95-9. 2003..The results for the remainder of the genome are consistently low. The two loci identified here are also supported by independent evidence from other studies...
- A major susceptibility locus for specific language impairment is located on 13q21Christopher W Bartlett
Center for Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854 8095, USA
Am J Hum Genet 71:45-55. 2002..86, genomic P value <.06 under the recessive language impairment model). Our findings underscore the utility of traditional LOD-score-based methods in finding genes for complex diseases, specifically, SLI...