Carine M Lenders
Affiliation: Boston University School of Medicine
- Addressing Pediatric Obesity in Ambulatory Care: Where Are We and Where Are We Going?Carine M Lenders
Nutrition and Fitness for Life Program, Department of Pediatrics, Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Vose Hall 3, 88, East Newton Street, Boston, MA, 02118, USA
Curr Obes Rep 5:214-40. 2016..We have developed four themes for our discussion and provide a brief summary of our findings. Finally, we identified major gaps and potential solutions and describe several urgent key action items. ..
- A cross-sectional study of osteocalcin and body fat measures among obese adolescentsCarine M Lenders
Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 21:808-14. 2013..Osteocalcin (OCN), a marker of osteoblast activity, has been implicated in the regulation of energy metabolism by the skeleton and thus may affect body fat measures...
- A novel nutrition medicine education model: the Boston University experienceCarine Lenders
Boston University Medical Center, MA, USA
Adv Nutr 4:1-7. 2013..Future plans include further evaluation and dissemination of lessons learned using this model to improve public health wellness with support from academia, government, industry, and foundations...
- Weight loss surgery eligibility according to various BMI criteria among adolescentsCarine M Lenders
Department of Pediatrics, Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:150-5. 2009..Fewer adolescents would be eligible based on the adult WLS criterion, and younger adolescents would be less likely to be eligible for WLS than older adolescents...
- Relation of body fat indexes to vitamin D status and deficiency among obese adolescentsCarine M Lenders
Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, MA, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 90:459-67. 2009..Data on the relation between vitamin D status and body fat indexes in adolescence are lacking...
- Evaluation of a novel food composition database that includes glutamine and other amino acids derived from gene sequencing dataC M Lenders
Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 63:1433-9. 2009..To determine the content of glutamine in major food proteins...
- Practical approaches to the treatment of severe pediatric obesityC M Lenders
Nutrition and Fitness for Life Program Pediatric Obesity, Department of Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 58:1425-38, x-xi. 2011..Because health risk increases with degree of obesity, adolescents who may be eligible for more aggressive obesity treatment should be identified and counseled...
- Expert panel on weight loss surgery: executive report updateGeorge L Blackburn
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:842-62. 2009..We expect them to have far-reaching effects of the development of health care policy and the practice of WLS...
- Best practice updates for pediatric/adolescent weight loss surgeryJaney S A Pratt
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:901-10. 2009....
- Self-assessment of height, weight, and sexual maturation: validity in overweight children and adolescentsKayoung Lee
Department of Pediatrics, Harvard University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Adolesc Health 39:346-52. 2006..To evaluate the validity of self-reported height, weight, and sexual maturation ratings among overweight children and adolescents...
- The need to advance nutrition education in the training of health care professionals and recommended research to evaluate implementation and effectivenessPenny M Kris-Etherton
Department of Nutritional Sciences, Penn State University, University Park, PA PMK E the Institute of Human Nutrition, Columbia University, New York, NY SRA Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC CWB Harvard University Medical School, Boston, MA BB Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL LB University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX MSE the UK Medical Research Council, Human Nutrition Research Unit, Cambridge, United Kingdom CL and SR the Division of Pediatric Nutrition, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA CML the Division of Primary Care and General Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, Medstar Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC MDL Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA CA Palmer the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD CA Pratt the Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA CLR the Department of Nutrition Sciences, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA ES the Vanderbilt Center for Human Nutrition, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN DLS and the Department of Preventive Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL LVH
Am J Clin Nutr 99:1153S-66S. 2014....