Denise A Hines
Affiliation: Boston University
- Binge drinking and violence against intimate partners in RussiaAleksandra V Lysova
Department of Psychology and Social Sciences, Far Eastern National University, Vladivostok, Russia
Aggress Behav 34:416-27. 2008..However, other alternative mediation and moderation models for the relationships between binge drinking, IPV perpetration, and ATSB could not be ruled out with this one-wave correlational study...
- Gender differences in psychological, physical, and sexual aggression among college students using the revised conflict tactics scalesDenise A Hines
Department of Psychology, Boston University, MA 02215, USA
Violence Vict 18:197-217. 2003..For females, both sexual coercion perpetration and victimization were related to the perpetration and victimization of psychological aggression and victimization from physical aggression, but not to physical aggression perpetration...
- Predicting potentially life-threatening partner violence by women toward men: a preliminary analysisDenise A Hines
Department of Psychology, Clark University, Worcester, MA 01610, USA
Violence Vict 28:751-71. 2013..Logistic regressions indicated that there were 2 consistent predictors: the female partner's frequency of physical PV and the number of sources from which the participant sought help...
- Gender differences in sexual assault victimization among college studentsDenise A Hines
Clark University, Department of Psychology, Worcester, MA 01610, USA
Violence Vict 27:922-40. 2012..Results are discussed in the context of routine activities theory and implications for prevention and future research...
- Personality and intimate partner aggression in dating relationships: the role of the "Big Five"Denise A Hines
Department of Psychology, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Aggress Behav 34:593-604. 2008..Results are discussed in terms of why personality should be considered as a predictor for both the use and receipt of IPA, why sex differences emerged, and future research that should be conducted...
- Sexual Aggression Experiences Among Male Victims of Physical Partner Violence: Prevalence, Severity, and Health Correlates for Male Victims and Their ChildrenDenise A Hines
Department of Psychology, Clark University, 950 Main St, Worcester, MA, 01610, USA
Arch Sex Behav 45:1133-51. 2016..These associations held after controlling for demographics and other violence and trauma exposure. Discussion focused on the importance of broadening our conceptualization of PV against men by women to include sexual aggression as well. ..
- Predictors of sexual coercion against women and men: a multilevel, multinational study of university studentsDenise A Hines
Department of Criminal Justice, University of Massachusetts, Lowell, Massachusetts 01854, USA
Arch Sex Behav 36:403-22. 2007..Results are discussed in terms of their contributions to the literature, limitations of the current study, and suggestions for future research...
- Genetic and environmental influences on intimate partner aggression: a preliminary studyDenise A Hines
Family Research Laboratory, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH 03824, USA
Violence Vict 19:701-18. 2004..These results challenge the prevailing theory to explain familial resemblance in intimate aggression...
- Binge drinking and violence against dating partners: the mediating effect of antisocial traits and behaviors in a multinational perspectiveDenise A Hines
Department of Criminal Justice, University of Massachusetts Lowell, Lowell, Massachusetts 01854, USA
Aggress Behav 33:441-57. 2007..ASTB fully mediated this association. The mean level of binge drinking at each site did not significantly influence the strength of the association between binge drinking and PV...