Amresh D Hanchate
Affiliation: Boston University
- Does adding clinical data to administrative data improve agreement among hospital quality measures?Amresh D Hanchate
Center for Healthcare Organization and Implementation Research CHOIR, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA 02130, USA Section of General Internal Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA Electronic address
Healthc (Amst) . 2016....
- How pooling fragmented healthcare encounter data affects hospital profilingAmresh D Hanchate
Boston University School of Medicine, 801 Massachusetts Ave, Boston, MA 02118 E mail
Am J Manag Care 21:129-38. 2015..People receiving healthcare from multiple payers (eg, Medicare and the Veterans Health Administration [VA]) have fragmented health records. How the use of more complete data affects hospital profiling has not been examined...
- Massachusetts health reform and disparities in joint replacement use: difference in differences studyAmresh D Hanchate
VA Boston Healthcare System and Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
BMJ 350:h440. 2015..To estimate the impact of the insurance expansion in 2006 on use of knee and hip replacement procedures by race/ethnicity, area income, and the use of hospitals that predominantly serve poor people ("safety net hospitals")...
- Comparison of ischemic stroke outcomes and patient and hospital characteristics by race/ethnicity and socioeconomic statusAmresh D Hanchate
VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA, USA
Stroke 44:469-76. 2013..Using comprehensive data from 8 states, we sought to compare inpatient mortality and length of stay by race/ethnicity and socioeconomic status...
- Massachusetts reform and disparities in inpatient care utilizationAmresh D Hanchate
VA Boston Healthcare System, USA
Med Care 50:569-77. 2012..Yet, little is known about the reform's impact on actual health care utilization among poor and minority populations, particularly for receipt of inpatient surgical procedures that are commonly initiated by outpatient physician referral...
- The quality of care for adults with epilepsy: an initial glimpse using the QUIET measureMary Jo Pugh
South Texas Veterans Health Care System, VERDICT REAP, 7400 Merton Minter, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 11:1. 2011..We examined the quality of adult epilepsy care using the Quality Indicators in Epilepsy Treatment (QUIET) measure, and variations in quality based on the source of epilepsy care...
- Exploring the determinants of racial and ethnic disparities in total knee arthroplasty: health insurance, income, and assetsAmresh D Hanchate
Section of General Internal Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 01532, USA
Med Care 46:481-8. 2008..To estimate national total knee arthroplasty (TKA) rates by economic factors, and the extent to which differences in insurance coverage, income, and assets contribute to racial and ethnic disparities in TKA use...
- The Demographic Assessment for Health Literacy (DAHL): a new tool for estimating associations between health literacy and outcomes in national surveysAmresh D Hanchate
Section of General Internal Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 01532, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:1561-6. 2008....
- Longitudinal patterns in survival, comorbidity, healthcare utilization and quality of care among older women following breast cancer diagnosisAmresh D Hanchate
Center for Organization, Leadership and Management Research COLMR, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:1045-50. 2010..To compare longitudinal patterns of health care utilization and quality of care for other health conditions between breast cancer-surviving older women and a matched cohort without breast cancer...
- Impact of Massachusetts Health Reform on Inpatient Care Use: Was the Safety-Net Experience Different Than in the Non-Safety-Net?Amresh D Hanchate
VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA
Health Serv Res . 2016....
- Massachusetts Health Reform's Effect on Hospitals' Racial Mix of Patients and on Patients' Use of Safety-net HospitalsKaren E Lasser
Section of General Internal Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine Department of Community Health Sciences, Boston University School of Public Health VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston Department of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA
Med Care 54:827-36. 2016..Massachusetts (MA) health reform provided insurance to previously uninsured patients, which enabled them to potentially shift inpatient care to nonminority-serving or nonsafety-net hospitals...
- The effect of Massachusetts health reform on 30 day hospital readmissions: retrospective analysis of hospital episode statisticsKaren E Lasser
Section of General Internal Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
BMJ 348:g2329. 2014....
- Racial disparities in patient activation: Evaluating the mediating role of health literacy with path analysesKendrick B Gwynn
Section of General Internal Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA Electronic address
Patient Educ Couns 99:1033-7. 2016..The aim of this study was to use path analysis methods to determine if health literacy mediates the relationship between race and patient activation...
- Impact of school-entry and education mandates by states on HPV vaccination coverage: Analysis of the 2009-2013 National Immunization Survey-TeenRebecca B Perkins
a Boston University School of Medicine Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Hum Vaccin Immunother 12:1615-22. 2016..Ten additional states had mandates requiring distribution of education to parents or provision of education within school curricula...
- Risk of Undetected Cancer at the Time of Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy and Laparoscopic Myomectomy: Implications for the Use of Power MorcellationRebecca B Perkins
Boston Medical Center Place, Boston University Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts Electronic address
Womens Health Issues 26:21-6. 2016....