Jeffrey L Greenwald
Affiliation: Boston University School of Medicine
- Preventing the preventable: reducing rehospitalizations through coordinated, patient-centered discharge processesJeffrey L Greenwald
Boston University School of Medicine, USA
Prof Case Manag 14:135-40; quiz 141-2. 2009..This article highlights key risk factors for unplanned rehospitalizations and illustrates a project that has successfully addressed many of the underlying issues that contribute to them...
- Approaching the CDC's guidelines on the HIV testing of inpatients: physician-referral versus nonreferral-based testingJeffrey L Greenwald
Hospital Medicine Unit, Boston Medical Center, 850 Harrison Ave, NIF 6W, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 20:311-7. 2006..Recommendations for implementing routing HIV testing on an inpatient service are made...
- Routine rapid HIV testing in hospitals: another opportunity for hospitalists to improve careJeffrey L Greenwald
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Hosp Med 1:106-12. 2006....
- Making inpatient medication reconciliation patient centered, clinically relevant and implementable: a consensus statement on key principles and necessary first stepsJeffrey L Greenwald
Department of Medicine, Inpatient Clinician Educator Service, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Hosp Med 5:477-85. 2010..Addressing these ten points with an overarching goal of focusing on patient safety rather than accreditation should result in improvements in medication reconciliation and the health of patients...
- Post-discharge hospital utilization among adult medical inpatients with depressive symptomsSuzanne E Mitchell
Department of Family Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Hosp Med 5:378-84. 2010..Little evidence exists to determine whether depression predicts hospital utilization following discharge among adult inpatients on a general medical service...
- A reengineered hospital discharge program to decrease rehospitalization: a randomized trialBrian W Jack
Department of Family Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Ann Intern Med 150:178-87. 2009..Emergency department visits and rehospitalization are common after hospital discharge...
- Depression is a risk factor for rehospitalization in medical inpatientsAnand Kartha
Section of General Internal Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Prim Care Companion J Clin Psychiatry 9:256-62. 2007..Screening during hospitalization for depressive symptoms may identify those at risk for rehospitalization...
- Making inpatient medication reconciliation patient centered, clinically relevant, and implementable: a consensus statement on key principles and necessary first stepsJeffrey L Greenwald
Harvard Medical School, Department of Medicine, Inpatient Clinician Educator Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 36:504-13, 481. 2010..This white paper identifies potential solutions to help ensure the utility and sustainability of this critical patient safety issue...
- Physicians' pain management confidence versus competenceMark A Douglass
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Northeastern University School of Pharmacy, Boston, MA, USA
J Opioid Manag 5:169-74. 2009..To assess awareness of existing pain management guidelines and compare physicians' confidence versus competence in selected pain management skills...
- Evaluation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's recommendations regarding routine testing for human immunodeficiency virus by an inpatient service: who are we missing?Jeffrey L Greenwald
Department of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 81:452-8. 2006....
- Telephone follow-up as a primary care intervention for postdischarge outcomes improvement: a systematic reviewJ Benjamin Crocker
Ambulatory Practice of the Future, Division of Primary Care, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, 02114, USA
Am J Med 125:915-21. 2012..We systematically reviewed the literature to evaluate the evidence regarding the impact of primary care-based telephone follow-up on postdischarge emergency department visits and hospital readmissions...
- Patient risks, outcomes, and costs of voluntary HIV testing at five testing sites within a medical centerSupriya D Mehta
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Illinois, 958 SPHPI, M C 923, 1603 W Taylor St, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Public Health Rep 123:608-17. 2008..We evaluated programmatic aspects of HIV testing across multiple clinical settings within a single medical center...
- Medication Reconciliation: A Team ApproachJeffrey Greenwald; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..