Affiliation: Boston University
- Characterizing the impact of smoking and lung cancer on the airway transcriptome using RNA-SeqJennifer Beane
The Pulmonary Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University Medical Center, Boston University, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 4:803-17. 2011....
- Clinical impact of high-throughput gene expression studies in lung cancerJennifer Beane
Bioinformatics Program, Boston University School of Engineering, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Thorac Oncol 4:109-18. 2009....
- Reversible and permanent effects of tobacco smoke exposure on airway epithelial gene expressionJennifer Beane
Bioinformatics Program, Boston University, Cummington Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Genome Biol 8:R201. 2007..The identification of irreversible effects of tobacco smoke on airway gene expression may provide insights into the causes of this elevated risk...
- SIRT1 pathway dysregulation in the smoke-exposed airway epithelium and lung tumor tissueJennifer Beane
Section of Computational Biomedicine, Department of Medicine, Boston University Medical Center Bioinformatics Program, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 72:5702-11. 2012....
- The SERPINE2 gene is associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseDawn DeMeo
Channing Laboratory, Harvard Medical School, 181 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Am Thorac Soc 3:502. 2006
- Gene expression profiling of human lung tissue from smokers with severe emphysemaAvrum Spira
The Pulmonary Center and Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, R304, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 31:601-10. 2004....
- SIEGE: Smoking Induced Epithelial Gene Expression DatabaseVishal Shah
Bioinformatics Program, College of Engineering, Boston University, 44 Cummington Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 33:D573-9. 2005..Query results are embedded with graphical capabilities as well as with links to other databases containing valuable gene resources, including Entrez Gene, GO, Biocarta, GeneCards, dbSNP and the NCBI Map Viewer...
- Impact of cigarette smoke on the normal airway transcriptomeAvrum Spira
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, University, Boston, MA 02118 2526, USA
Chest 125:115S. 2004
- A prediction model for lung cancer diagnosis that integrates genomic and clinical featuresJennifer Beane
The Pulmonary Center, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 1:56-64. 2008..These findings suggest that use of the clinicogenomic model may expedite more invasive testing and definitive therapy for smokers with lung cancer and reduce invasive diagnostic procedures for individuals without lung cancer...
- Noninvasive method for obtaining RNA from buccal mucosa epithelial cells for gene expression profilingAvrum Spira
Pulmonary Center, Boston University Medical Center, 715 Albany Street, Room 304, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Biotechniques 36:484-7. 2004
- Effects of cigarette smoke on the human airway epithelial cell transcriptomeAvrum Spira
Pulmonary Center and Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, MA 02118, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:10143-8. 2004....
- Assessment of microRNA differential expression and detection in multiplexed small RNA sequencing dataJoshua D Campbell
Bioinformatics Graduate Program, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA Section of Computational Biomedicine, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
RNA 21:164-71. 2015....
- Characterization of the mid-foregut transcriptome identifies genes regulated during lung bud inductionGuetchyn Millien
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Evans Biomedical Research Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 8:124-39. 2008..This characterization of the mid-foregut transcriptome provides new insights into molecular events leading to lung organogenesis...
- The SERPINE2 gene is associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseDawn L DeMeo
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Hum Genet 78:253-64. 2006....
- Integrated Genomics Reveals Convergent Transcriptomic Networks Underlying Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Idiopathic Pulmonary FibrosisRebecca L Kusko
1 Computational Biomedicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 194:948-960. 2016..Despite shared environmental exposures, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease are usually studied in isolation, and the presence of shared molecular mechanisms is unknown...
- The Case for a Pre-Cancer Genome Atlas (PCGA)Joshua D Campbell
Boston University Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 9:119-24. 2016..The multi-institutional and multidisciplinary collaborative "big-data" effort underlying the PCGA will help usher in a new era of precision medicine for cancer detection and prevention...