N J Bohannon
- Insulin delivery using pen devices. Simple-to-use tools may help young and old alikeN J Bohannon
Postgrad Med 106:57-8, 61-4, 68. 1999..These devices offer substantial improvements in convenience, freedom, and flexibility for all insulin-using patients. Furthermore, more accurate dosing associated with use of the pen may hold the key to better longterm outcomes...
- Individualized treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus using noninsulin agents: clinical considerations for the primary care physicianNancy J V Bohannon
St Luke s Hospital, San Francisco, CA, USA
Postgrad Med 124:95-108. 2012..With a broad literature base spanning several different medication classes, there is increasing potential for individualization of therapy in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Comparison of a novel insulin bolus-patch with pen/syringe injection to deliver mealtime insulin for efficacy, preference, and quality of life in adults with diabetes: a randomized, crossover, multicenter studyNancy Bohannon
Monteagle Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94110 4415, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 13:1031-7. 2011..This study compared the efficacy, safety, device satisfaction, and quality of life (QOL) in people with diabetes using an insulin bolus-patch versus current devices (pen/syringe) to deliver mealtime insulin...
- Overview of the gliptin class (dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors) in clinical practiceNancy Bohannon
Monteagle Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
Postgrad Med 121:40-5. 2009....
- Insulin therapy for reducing cardiovascular risk in patients with type 2 diabetesNancy Bohannon
Clin Cornerstone . 2003....
- Optimizing insulin regimens in type 1 diabetes. How to help patients get control of their lifeNancy J V Bohannon
Monteagle Medical Center, 1580 Valencia St, Suite 504, San Francisco, CA 94110 4415, USA
Postgrad Med 113:39-42, 45-8, 54. 2003....
- Treating dual defects in diabetes: insulin resistance and insulin secretionNancy J V Bohannon
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 59:S9-13. 2002..Dyslipidemia, hypertension, and hypercoagulability should be treated to minimize the increased cardiovascular risk seen in people with diabetes, which is responsible for the majority of deaths...
- Patient and physician satisfaction with the Humulin/Humalog Pen, a new 3.0-mL prefilled pen device for insulin deliveryN J Bohannon
Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Clin Ther 22:1049-67. 2000..Secondary objectives were to determine whether the pen device might facilitate initiation of insulin therapy in patients currently receiving oral antihyperglycemic agents and to monitor the safety of this pen device in clinical practice...
- Coronary artery disease and diabetesN J Bohannon
Postgrad Med 105:66-8, 71-2, 77-80. 1999..If no contraindications exist, ACE inhibitors, beta blockers, and aspirin also should be considered for these high-risk patients...
- Efficacy and safety of inhaled insulin (Exubera) compared with subcutaneous insulin therapy in patients with type 1 diabetes: results of a 6-month, randomized, comparative trialTeresa Quattrin
The Women and Children s Hospital of Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14222, USA
Diabetes Care 27:2622-7. 2004..The aim of this study was to determine whether premeal pulmonary delivery of rapid-acting, dry-powder insulin (Exubera) plus Ultralente could provide glycemic control comparable to a conventional insulin regimen in type 1 diabetes...