Alan H Heaton
Affiliation: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota
- The economic effect of hypoglycemia in a health planAlan Heaton
Pharmacoeconomic and Outcomes Research Department, Prime Therapeutics Inc, Eagan, Minnesota, USA
Manag Care Interface 16:23-7. 2003..04 per patient per month. Although the financial burden is smaller than that of late complications of diabetes, hypoglycemia associated with insulin therapy is associated with significant costs to the health care system...
- The DERP: is it an effective methodology?Alan H Heaton
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, Eagan, Minnesota, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:W276-8. 2006..A perfect process is a long way off. However, continuing to explore the methodologies in place today can lead us to more effective processes and metrics...
- Rosiglitazone and pioglitazone utilization from January 2007 through May 2008 associated with five risk-warning eventsCatherine I Starner
Prime Therapeutics LLC, Eagan, Minnesota, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 14:523-31. 2008....
- Plan designs that encourage the use of generic drugs over brand-name drugs: an analysis of a free generic benefitHolly A Rodin
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota, 3400 Yankee Dr, R259, Eagan, MN 55122, USA
Am J Manag Care 15:881-8. 2009..To evaluate the effect on adherence and medical care expenditures of a pharmacy benefit change that included free generic drugs and higher copayments for brand-name drugs...
- Telithromycin: the perils of hasty adoption and persistence of off-label prescribingPatrick P Gleason
Prime Therapeutics LLC, Eagan, MN 55121, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 13:420-5. 2007..On February 12, 2007, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) removed the bacterial sinusitis and ABECB indications and strengthened safety warnings for telithromycin...
- Relationship of the magnitude of member cost-share and medication persistence with newly initiated renin angiotensin system blockersDongmu Zhang
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 13:664-76. 2007..Little is known about the relationship between the magnitude of member cost-sharing and antihypertensive persistence among members newly initiating therapy...
- Clinical and economic outcomes of medication therapy management services: the Minnesota experienceBrian J Isetts
College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 48:203-11; 3 p following 211. 2008....