- Difficult issues in mentoring: recommendations on making the "undiscussable" discussableJanet Bickel
George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA
Acad Med 86:1229-34. 2011..Academic health centers that systematically support mentoring enhance institutional stability, talent development, and leadership capacity...
- Career development as a long-distance hikeJanet Bickel
Career and Leadership Development Coach and Consultant, Falls Church, VA 22043, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:118-21. 2009..To further their hikers' resilience, departments should pay more attention to the career development ecology, including improving access to qualified trail guides and to alternate paths...
- Looking for mentor replacement therapy? A coach may be the answerJanet Bickel
J Am Med Womens Assoc 58:210-1. 2003..Career development coach and faculty career and diversity consultant Janet Bickel writes that seasoned professionals offer assistance in planning for productive careers that combine personal ..
- Women in academic psychiatryJanet Bickel
7407 Venice St, Falls Church, VA 22043, USA
Acad Psychiatry 28:285-91. 2004
- Generation X: implications for faculty recruitment and development in academic health centersJanet Bickel
Acad Med 80:205-10. 2005..Given the trends discussed in this article, such supports and adaptations are indicated to assure that academic health centers maintain traditions of excellence...
- The work that remains at the intersection of gender and career developmentJanet Bickel
Janet Bickel and Associates, Falls Church, VA, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 88:683-6. 2007..Each member of the rehabilitation medicine community who cares about the future of the discipline is challenged to contribute to the dialogues that are necessary to carry these recommendations forward...
- Turning intellectual capital into leadership capital: why and how psychiatrists can take the leadJanet Bickel
Acad Psychiatry 31:1-4. 2007
- The role of professional societies in career development in academic medicineJanet Bickel
Acad Psychiatry 31:91-4. 2007
- Increasing women's leadership in academic medicine: report of the AAMC Project Implementation CommitteeJanet Bickel
Women in Medicine, AAMC, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Acad Med 77:1043-61. 2002....
- Capitalizing on women's intellectual capital in the professionsPage Morahan
National Center for Leadership in Academic Medicine, MCP Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Acad Med 77:110-2. 2002
- Status of faculty affairs and faculty development offices in U.S. medical schoolsPage S Morahan
National Center of Leadership in Academic Medicine and Hedwig van Ameringen Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine Program for Women, MCP Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Acad Med 77:398-401. 2002..To collect baseline data and describe how medical schools handle faculty affairs and faculty development responsibilities...
- Experiences of belittlement and harassment and their correlates among medical students in the United States: longitudinal surveyErica Frank
Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
BMJ 333:682. 2006..To determine medical students' perceptions of having been harassed or belittled and their correlates, for the purposes of reducing such abuses...