Daniel K Powell
Affiliation: Beth Israel Medical Center
- Introducing radiology report checklists among residents: adherence rates when suggesting versus requiring their use and early experience in improving accuracyDaniel K Powell
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Medical Center, First Ave at 16th St, 2K 01, New York City, NY 10003 Electronic address
Acad Radiol 21:415-23. 2014..suggested between two programs). To compare radiology resident reporting accuracy before and after introduction of the structured report and assess its ability to decrease the rate of undetected pathology...
- Fibular flap reconstruction of the cervical spine for repair of osteoradionecrosisDaniel K Powell
Radiology, Beth Israel Medical Center, First Ave at 16th St, 2 Karpas, New York, NY 10003, USA Electronic address
Spine J 13:e17-21. 2013..Although cervical spine reconstruction with osteocutaneous fibular flap microvascular grafting has been described, simultaneous reconstruction of the cervical vertebral column and laryngectomy have not been described...
- Hepatobiliary rim sign: new implications for acute and complicated cholecystitisDaniel K Powell
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Medical Center, Petrie Division, New York, New York 10003, USA
Nucl Med Commun 34:467-77. 2013..We sought to corroborate this correlation in a large population, as we have encountered doubt among surgeons about the emergent implications of this sign...
- Tc-99m sestamibi parathyroid gland scintigraphy: added value of Tc-99m pertechnetate thyroid imaging for increasing interpretation confidence and avoiding additional testingDaniel K Powell
Diagnostic Radiology, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY 10003, USA
Clin Imaging 37:475-9. 2013..To evaluate the benefit of adding a pertechnetate parathyroid scan (dual-isotope imaging) in the interpretation of sestamibi dual-phase parathyroid scintigraphy...
- Scapular free flap harvest site: recognising the spectrum of radiographic post-operative appearanceD K Powell
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Br J Radiol 86:20120574. 2013..Scapular free flap harvesting for oral cavity cancer reconstruction is an increasingly used and versatile option. We aim to describe the appearance of the scapula harvest site on chest radiograph and CT...
- An endovascular simulation exercise among radiology residents: comparison of simulation performance with and without practiceDaniel K Powell
New York Presbyterian, Columbia Campus, Department of Radiology, 622 West 168th Street, PB1 301, New York, NY, 10032 Electronic address
Clin Imaging 39:1080-5. 2015..The purpose was to compare resident endovascular simulator performance with and without prior simulation...
- Efficacy of a checklist-style structured radiology reporting template in reducing resident misses on cervical spine computed tomography examinationsEaton Lin
Department of Radiology, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, 1000 10th Ave, Rm 4C 12, New York, NY, 10019, USA
J Digit Imaging 27:588-93. 2014..Our findings suggest that the use of checklists in structured reporting may increase diagnostic accuracy...
- State of structured reporting in radiology, a surveyDaniel K Powell
Department of Radiology, New York Presbyterian, Columbia Campus, 622 West 168th St, PB1 301, New York, NY 10032 Electronic address
Acad Radiol 22:226-33. 2015..To survey North American radiologists on current practices in structured reporting and language...
- The use of ACR Appropriateness Criteria: a survey of radiology residents and program directorsDaniel K Powell
New York Presbyterian Columbia Campus, Department of Radiology, 622 West 168th Street, PB1 301, New York, NY 10032 Electronic address
Clin Imaging 39:334-8. 2015..Assess the utilization of American College of Radiology Appropriateness Criteria (ACR-AC) among radiology residency program directors (PDs) and residents...