Theresa E Perlis
Affiliation: Beth Israel Medical Center
- Audio-computerized self-interviewing versus face-to-face interviewing for research data collection at drug abuse treatment programsTheresa E Perlis
National Development and Research Institutes, Inc, New York, NY 10003, USA
Addiction 99:885-96. 2004..A-CASI has been found to increase reporting of sensitive items among a variety of population subgroups...
- HIV risk behaviors among female IDUs in developing and transitional countriesCharles M Cleland
Center for Drug Use and HIV Research, National Development and Research Institutes Inc, 71 West 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010, USA
BMC Public Health 7:271. 2007..Most data on gender differences come from industrialized countries, so data are needed in developing countries to determine how well gender differences generalize to these understudied regions...
- Changes in HIV seroprevalence and related behaviors among male injection drug users who do and do not have sex with men: New York City, 1990-1999Carey B Maslow
National Development and Research Institutes, Inc, 71 West 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010, USA
Am J Public Health 92:382-4. 2002..This study examined HIV prevalence and risk behaviors among male injection drug users (IDUs) who have sex with men and among other male IDUs...
- Alcohol and HIV sexual risk behaviors among injection drug usersKamyar Arasteh
Beth Israel Medical Center, Baron Edmond de Rothschild Chemical Dependency Institute, 160 Water Street, 24th Floor, New York, NY 10038, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 95:54-61. 2008..These observations indicate both global and event-specific associations of alcohol and HIV sexual-risk behaviors...
- Using standardized methods for research on HIV and injecting drug use in developing/transitional countries: case study from the WHO Drug Injection Study Phase IIDon C Des Jarlais
Baron Edmond de Rothschild Chemical Dependency Institute, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY 10038, USA
BMC Public Health 6:54. 2006..We report on the development and implementation of the methodology underlying the survey component of the WHO Drug Injection Study Phase II--a multi-site study of risk behavior and HIV seroprevalence among Injecting Drug Users (IDUs)...
- The use of electronic debit cards in longitudinal data collection with geographically mobile drug usersDon C Des Jarlais
Baron Edmond de Rothschild Chemical Dependency Institute, Beth Israel Medical Center, 1st Avenue at 16th Street, New York, NY 10003, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 77:1-5. 2005..To assess the use of electronic debit (ATM) cards in conducting longitudinal research with geographically mobile ("urban nomad") drug users...