Affiliation: Beth Israel Medical Center
- Becoming a doctor: a qualitative evaluation of challenges and opportunities in medical student wellness during the third yearBenjamin Kligler
Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Bronx, New York 10016, USA
Acad Med 88:535-40. 2013..To improve understanding of the impact of the third year on medical student wellness and help educators improve approaches to promoting wellness...
- An integrative medicine approach to asthma: who responds?Benjamin Kligler
Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
J Altern Complement Med 18:939-45. 2012....
- Probiotics in childrenBenjamin Kligler
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10463, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 54:949-67; xi. 2007..Clinicians should familiarize themselves with the products available because there is a wide range in their quality...
- Competency-based evaluation tools for integrative medicine training in family medicine residency: a pilot studyBenjamin Kligler
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
BMC Med Educ 7:7. 2007..This paper presents the results from the implementation of direct observation and treatment plan evaluation tools, as well as the results of two Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs) developed for the program...
- Peppermint oilBenjamin Kligler
Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Bronx, New York, USA
Am Fam Physician 75:1027-30. 2007..Peppermint oil is well tolerated at the commonly recommended dosage, but it may cause significant adverse effects at higher dosages...
- ProbioticsBenjamin Kligler
Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, New York, New York, USA
Am Fam Physician 78:1073-8. 2008..Significant adverse effects are rare, and there are no known interactions with medications...
- Measuring the "whole system" outcomes of an educational innovation: experience from the integrative family medicine programBenjamin Kligler
Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine Beth Israel Residency in Urban Family Practice
Fam Med 41:342-9. 2009..This paper reports on effects of IFM on residency programs and clinical systems in which it was implemented...
- Randomized trial of the effect of an integrative medicine approach to the management of asthma in adults on disease-related quality of life and pulmonary functionBenjamin Kligler
Beth Israel Department of Integrative Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Altern Ther Health Med 17:10-5. 2011..The purpose of this study was to test the effectiveness of an integrative medicine approach to the management of asthma compared to standard clinical care on quality of life (QOL) and clinical outcomes...
- Impact of the Urban Zen Initiative on patients' experience of admission to an inpatient oncology floor: a mixed-methods analysisBenjamin Kligler
Department of Integrative Medicine, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Altern Complement Med 17:729-34. 2011....
- Cost savings in inpatient oncology through an integrative medicine approachBenjamin Kligler
Department of Integrative Medicine, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Am J Manag Care 17:779-84. 2011..To evaluate the cost impact of an integrative medicine intervention on an inpatient oncology service...
- Outcomes of acupuncture for chronic pain in urban primary careM Diane McKee
the Department of Family and Social Medicine, lbert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY the Department of Integrative Medicine, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY the Swedish Institute, New York, NY and the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, New York, NY
J Am Board Fam Med 26:692-700. 2013..The purpose of this study was to describe outcomes of the Acupuncture to Decrease Disparities in Outcomes of Pain Treatment (ADDOPT) trial, testing acupuncture as an adjunct to usual treatment for chronic pain in urban health centers...
- Multimodal mind/body group therapy for chronic depression: a pilot studySuzanne A S Little
William Alanson White Institute and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Explore (NY) 5:330-7. 2009..This outcome, which was statistically sustained for six months, suggests that a multimodal holistic mind/body group approach can benefit a segment of the chronically depressed population...
- Core competencies in integrative medicine for medical school curricula: a proposalBenjamin Kligler
Beth Israel Center for Health and Healing, New York, NY 10016, USA
Acad Med 79:521-31. 2004....
- "I Felt Like It Was God's Hands Putting the Needles In": A Qualitative Analysis of the Experience of Acupuncture for Chronic Pain in a Low-Income, Ethnically Diverse, and Medically Underserved Patient PopulationBenjamin Kligler
1 Department of Integrative Medicine, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY
J Altern Complement Med 21:713-9. 2015..To examine the experience of patients from a low-income, ethnically diverse medically underserved population receiving acupuncture for chronic pain...
- The ADDOPT study (Acupuncture to Decrease Disparities in Outcomes of Pain Treatment): feasibility of offering acupuncture in the community health center settingM Diane McKee
Department of Family and Social Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
J Altern Complement Med 18:839-43. 2012....
- Ask the experts: Is there any real evidence that people who eat organic food are healthier?Benjamin Kligler
Continuum Center for Health and Healing, New York, USA
Explore (NY) 3:640. 2007
- Yoga in stroke rehabilitation: a systematic review and results of a pilot studyHolly Lynton
Continuum Center for Health and Healing, New York, New York, USA
Top Stroke Rehabil 14:1-8. 2007..In addition, we present the results of a small pilot study designed to explore the hypothesis that a Kundalini yoga practice of 12 weeks would lead to an improvement in aphasia as well as in fine motor coordination in stroke patients...
- Case study in integrative medicine: Jared C, a child with recurrent otitis media and upper respiratory illnessKaren Erickson
Department of Family Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Explore (NY) 2:235-7. 2006
- The role of the optimal healing environment in the care of patients with diabetes mellitus type IIBenjamin Kligler
Department of Family Medicine, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Altern Complement Med 10:S223-9. 2004....
- Andrographis paniculata for the treatment of upper respiratory infection: a systematic review by the natural standard research collaborationBenjamin Kligler
Continuum Center for Health and Healing, New York, NY, USA
Explore (NY) 2:25-9. 2006
- An integrative medicine approach to premenstrual syndromeAndrea Girman
Continuum Center for Health and Healing, New York, NY 10016, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:S56-65. 2003..This review will be relevant to the practicing clinician seeking to become aware of and to understand the relevance of the complementary/alternative therapies being used by his/her patients for PMS and PMDD...
- EchinaceaBenjamin Kligler
Department of Family Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Am Fam Physician 67:77-80. 2003..No significant herb-drug interactions with echinacea have been reported; adverse effects reported generally have been uncommon and minor, including abdominal upset, nausea, and dizziness...
- Patient empowerment: taking integrative medicine to the next levelBenjamin Kligler
J Altern Complement Med 13:189-90. 2007
- The integrative family medicine program: an innovation in residency educationVictoria Maizes
Program in Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Acad Med 81:583-9. 2006..The Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education Family Medicine residency review committee has awarded the pilot experimental status...
- Natural and traditional medicine in Cuba: lessons for U.S. medical educationDiane Appelbaum
Emory University, Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Atlanta, GA, USA
Acad Med 81:1098-103. 2006..S. medical educators and institutions in their endeavors to comply with the IOM recommendations and to incorporate CAM into medical school curricula...
- The impact of acupuncture and craniosacral therapy interventions on clinical outcomes in adults with asthmaLewis Mehl-Madrona
Department of Family Medicine, University of Saskatchewan College of Medicine, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Explore (NY) 3:28-36. 2007..This study sought to test for such synergy and to determine if complementary therapies would improve pulmonary function and quality of life for people suffering from asthma, as well as reducing anxiety, depression, and medication usage...
- Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis L.): an evidence-based systematic review by the Natural Standard Research CollaborationCatherine Ulbricht
PlantaPhile, Berlin, Germany
J Herb Pharmacother 5:71-114. 2005....
- Integrative patient-centered careMary P Guerrera
J Altern Complement Med 14:454. 2008
- Creating the optimal healing environmentBenjamin Kligler
Altern Ther Health Med 9:34-5. 2003