L J Cohen
Affiliation: Beth Israel Medical Center
- Impulsive personality traits in male pedophiles versus healthy controls: is pedophilia an impulsive-aggressive disorder?Lisa J Cohen
Montiefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY, USA
Compr Psychiatry 43:127-34. 2002..The notion of "compulsive-aggression" in pedophilia is proposed...
- Heterosexual male perpetrators of childhood sexual abuse: a preliminary neuropsychiatric modelLisa J Cohen
Beth Israel Medical Center, 1st Ave and 16th St, New York, NY 10003, USA
Psychiatr Q 73:313-36. 2002..In this way, pedophiles develop deviant pedophilic arousal. Subsequently, if there is comorbid personality pathology, specifically sociopathy and cognitive distortions, there will be failure to inhibit pedophilic behavior...
- Neuropsychological functioning in opiate-dependent subjects receiving and following methadone maintenance treatmentJames Prosser
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Beth Israel Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, NY 10003, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 84:240-7. 2006..This study tests the hypothesis that former heroin users who have detoxified from methadone maintenance therapy and are drug-free have less pronounced cognitive impairment than patients continuing long-term MMT...
- Comparison of sexual offenders against children with sexual offenders against adolescents and adults: data from the New York State Sex Offender RegistryLisa J Cohen
Beth Israel Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York 10003, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 13:373-84. 2007..To examine whether sexual offenders against children have fewer characteristics associated with impulsive-aggression and more characteristics associated with aberrant sexual arousal than do sexual offenders against adolescents and adults...
- Personality impairment in male pedophilesLisa J Cohen
Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY 10003, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 63:912-9. 2002....
- Personality measures in former heroin users receiving methadone or in protracted abstinence from opiatesL J Cohen
Department of Psychiatry, Beth Israel Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York 10003, NY
Acta Psychiatr Scand 112:149-58. 2005..This paper compares personality traits in detoxified former heroin users and those on MMT in order to assess their relevance to treatment selection...
- Negative symptoms in patients with major depressive disorder: a preliminary reportI I Galynker
Department of Psychiatry, Beth Israel Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, New York 10003, USA
Neuropsychiatry Neuropsychol Behav Neurol 13:171-6. 2000..The purpose of this study was to examine negative symptoms (NSs) in patients with major depressive disorder (MDD) and their relation to depressive symptoms (DSs) and other psychiatric symptoms...
- Childhood sexual history of 20 male pedophiles vs. 24 male healthy control subjectsLisa J Cohen
Beth Israel Medical Center, 6 Karpas, 1st Ave and 16th St, New York, New York 10003, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 190:757-66. 2002..The present findings replicate the elevated rate of childhood sexual abuse found among pedophiles and are consistent with the notion of a causative relationship between early childhood abuse and later pedophilic behavior...
- Restarting clozapine treatment during ablation chemotherapy and stem cell transplant for Hodgkin's lymphomaIlyse Rosenberg
Am J Psychiatry 164:1438-9. 2007
- Low-dose risperidone and quetiapine as monotherapy for comorbid anxiety and depressionIgor Galynker
J Clin Psychiatry 66:544. 2005
- Abnormal heat and pain perception in remitted heroin dependence months after detoxification from methadone-maintenanceJames M Prosser
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Beth Israel Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, First Avenue at 16th Street, New York, NY 10003, United States
Drug Alcohol Depend 95:237-44. 2008..There was no correlation of any measure of drug use history with the heat or pain experience. Abstinent, formerly opioid-dependent patients continue to demonstrate abnormal noxious perception months after detoxification from methadone...