L A Beste
- Redesign of chronic care for hepatitis C in a Rhode Island homeless population based on provider compliance with hepatitis C guidelinesLauren A Beste
Department of Internal Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital, USA
Med Health R I 91:116-8. 2008
- Telemedicine specialty support promotes hepatitis c treatment by primary care providers in the Department of Veterans AffairsLauren A Beste
Health Services Research and Development, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA Electronic address
Am J Med . 2016..We aimed to assess whether PCP participation in VA-ECHO was associated with hepatitis C treatment and sustained virologic response...
- Primary Care Providers Report Challenges to Cirrhosis Management and Specialty Care CoordinationLauren A Beste
Primary Care Service, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, 1660 S Columbian Way, Seattle, WA, 98108, USA
Dig Dis Sci 60:2628-35. 2015..Cirrhosis patients are less likely to receive recommended care when followed exclusively by primary care providers (PCPs), as opposed to specialty co-management. Little is known about how to optimize cirrhosis care delivered by PCPs...
- Prevalence and management of chronic hepatitis C virus infection in womenLauren A Beste
Primary Care Service, Health Services Research and Development, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, 1660 South Columbian Way, S 111 GI, Seattle, WA 98108, USA Department of Internal Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Washington, WA, USA Electronic address
Med Clin North Am 99:575-86. 2015..Premenopausal women with HCV should be counseled about the risks of antiviral treatment during pregnancy and the potential for vertical transmission of HCV to their offspring. ..
- Improved surveillance for hepatocellular carcinoma with a primary care-oriented clinical reminderLauren A Beste
General Internal Medicine, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, Washington Health Services Research and Development, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, Washington Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA Electronic address
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:172-9. 2015..However, less than 20% of patients typically undergo routine surveillance...
- Specialty care and education associated with greater disease-specific knowledge but not satisfaction with care for chronic hepatitis CL A Beste
Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, VA Puget Sound Healthcare System, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 30:275-82. 2009..specialists with respect to patient-centred outcomes, such as disease-specific knowledge, health-related quality of life (HRQoL) and satisfaction with care...
- Predictors of early treatment discontinuation among patients with genotype 1 hepatitis C and implications for viral eradicationLauren A Beste
Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, VA Puget Sound Healthcare System, Seattle, Washington, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 8:972-8. 2010..Risk factors for discontinuation before 48 weeks among patients with genotype 1 HCV vary over the course of therapy. We investigated the rates and risk factors for treatment discontinuation within 12 weeks, 12-24 weeks, and 24-48 weeks...