Jeramiah J Smith
Affiliation: Benaroya Research Institute
- Development and analysis of a germline BAC resource for the sea lamprey, a vertebrate that undergoes substantial chromatin diminutionJeramiah J Smith
Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason, Seattle, WA 98101 2795, USA
Chromosoma 119:381-9. 2010..This library therefore represents a new and biologically informed resource for understanding the structure of the lamprey genome and the biology of programmed genome rearrangement...
- Genome biology of the cyclostomes and insights into the evolutionary biology of vertebrate genomesJ J Smith
Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason, 1201 9th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Integr Comp Biol 50:130-7. 2010..Validating this premise will require better characterization of the genome sequence and mechanisms of rearrangement in lamprey and hagfish...
- Genetic consequences of programmed genome rearrangementJeramiah J Smith
Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Curr Biol 22:1524-9. 2012....
- The African coelacanth genome provides insights into tetrapod evolutionChris T Amemiya
Molecular Genetics Program, Benaroya Research Institute, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Nature 496:311-6. 2013..Functional assays of enhancers involved in the fin-to-limb transition and in the emergence of extra-embryonic tissues show the importance of the coelacanth genome as a blueprint for understanding tetrapod evolution...
- Programmed loss of millions of base pairs from a vertebrate genomeJeramiah J Smith
Department of Genome Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:11212-7. 2009..Understanding the mechanisms by which this vertebrate species regulates such extensive remodeling of its genome will provide invaluable insight into factors that can promote stability and change in vertebrate genomes...
- Sequencing of the sea lamprey (Petromyzon marinus) genome provides insights into vertebrate evolutionJeramiah J Smith
Department of Biology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Nat Genet 45:415-21, 421e1-2. 2013..The lamprey genome provides an important resource for reconstructing vertebrate origins and the evolutionary events that have shaped the genomes of extant organisms...
- A living fossil in the genome of a living fossil: Harbinger transposons in the coelacanth genomeJeramiah J Smith
Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Mol Biol Evol 29:985-93. 2012..In addition, these analyses further reinforce the broad utility of the coelacanth genome and other "outgroup" genomes in understanding the ancestry and evolution of vertebrate genes and genomes...