Sarah L Goff
Affiliation: Baystate Medical Center
- IDEAS for a healthy baby--reducing disparities in use of publicly reported quality data: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialSarah L Goff
Center for Quality of Care Research, Baystate Medical Center, 280 Chestnut St, Room 305, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Trials 14:244. 2013..Patient navigators have helped patients overcome barriers such as these in other areas, such as cancer care and may prove useful for overcoming barriers to using publicly reported quality data...
- Validity of using ICD-9-CM codes to identify selected categories of obstetric complications, procedures and co-morbiditiesSarah L Goff
Department of Pediatrics, Center for Quality of Care Research, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 26:421-9. 2012..We sought to assess the validity of using composites of ICD-9-CM codes to identify selected categories obstetric complications and risk factors associated with complications...
- Patients' beliefs and preferences regarding doctors' medication recommendationsSarah L Goff
Meyers Primary Care Institute, Worcester, MA 0199, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:236-41. 2008..Accepting a doctor's recommendation is the first step in medication adherence, yet little is known about patients' beliefs and preferences about how medications are prescribed...
- Vaccine counseling: a content analysis of patient-physician discussions regarding human papilloma virus vaccineSarah L Goff
Department of Pediatrics, Baystate Medical Center, 3300 Main Street, Springfield, MA 01199, United States
Vaccine 29:7343-9. 2011..1) Describe content and character of patient-physician human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine discussions; (2) explore the relationship between selected characteristics and vaccine uptake...
- A mixed-methods analysis of patient reviews of hospital care in England: implications for public reporting of health care quality data in the United StatesTara Lagu
Center for Quality of Care Research, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 39:7-15. 2013..In contrast, the National Health Service (NHS) in England encourages patients to provide feedback to hospitals on their quality-reporting website, NHS Choices. The scope and content of the narrative feedback was studied...
- Patterns of obstetric infection rates in a large sample of US hospitalsSarah L Goff
Department of Medicine, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 208:456.e1-13. 2013..We estimated hospital-level risk-adjusted maternal infection rates (RAIR) in a large sample of US hospitals and explored associations between RAIR and select hospital features...
- How cardiologists present the benefits of percutaneous coronary interventions to patients with stable angina: a qualitative analysisSarah L Goff
Department of Internal Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts2The Center for Quality of Care Research, Tufts University School of Medicine Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts
JAMA Intern Med 174:1614-21. 2014..Little is known about how cardiologists' presentation of the benefits and risks may influence patients' perceptions...
- Can social media be used as a hospital quality improvement tool?Tara Lagu
Center for Quality of Care Research, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts
J Hosp Med 11:52-5. 2016..Journal of Hospital Medicine 2016;11:52-55. © 2015 Society of Hospital Medicine. ..
- Hospital workers' perceptions of waste: a qualitative study involving photo-elicitationSarah L Goff
Department of Medicine, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
BMJ Qual Saf 22:826-35. 2013..To elicit sources of waste as viewed by hospital workers...
- Pediatricians and physical activity counseling: how does residency prepare them for this task?Sarah L Goff
Department of Pediatrics, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts 01199, USA
Teach Learn Med 22:107-11. 2010..Pediatricians provide PA counseling, but it is not known how residencies prepare trainees for this task. The objective was to determine current training methods for PA counseling in pediatric residency programs...
- Parents' perceptions of medical errorsKathleen M Mazor
Meyers Primary Care Institute, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
J Patient Saf 6:102-7. 2010..The purpose of this study was to explore parents' experiences related to events which they believed to be medical errors in their child's care...
- Cluster randomized trials to study the comparative effectiveness of therapeutics: stakeholders' concerns and recommendationsKathleen M Mazor
Meyers Primary Care Institute, Fallon Clinic, Fallon Community Health Plan and University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 18:554-61. 2009..An additional goal was to develop recommendations for increasing acceptability...
- Administrative data used to identify patients with irritable bowel syndromeSarah L Goff
Meyers Primary Care Institute, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Fallon Clinic Foundation and Fallon Community Health Plan, 630 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 61:617-21. 2008..To assess the usefulness of health plan administrative data for identifying patients with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)...