Delphine M A Saulnier
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- In vitro effects of selected synbiotics on the human faecal microbiota compositionDelphine M A Saulnier
Food Microbial Sciences Unit, Department of Food Biosciences, The University of Reading, Reading, UK
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 66:516-27. 2008..Here, the synbiotic approach was more effective than prebiotic or probiotic alone to modulate the gut microbiota...
- Mechanisms of probiosis and prebiosis: considerations for enhanced functional foodsDelphine M A Saulnier
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Curr Opin Biotechnol 20:135-41. 2009..A special focus will be given to the addition of prebiotics and probiotics in functional foods for infants and seniors...
- FolC2-mediated folate metabolism contributes to suppression of inflammation by probiotic Lactobacillus reuteriCarissa M Thomas
Integrative Molecular and Biomedical Sciences IMBS, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas, 77030
Microbiologyopen 5:802-818. 2016..The identification of genes and gene networks regulating production of bacterial-derived immunoregulatory molecules may lead to improved anti-inflammatory strategies for digestive diseases...
- Identification of prebiotic fructooligosaccharide metabolism in Lactobacillus plantarum WCFS1 through microarraysDelphine M A Saulnier
Food Microbial Sciences Unit, School of Food Biosciences, The University of Reading, Box 226, Reading RG6 6AP, United Kingdom
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:1753-65. 2007..The main end products of scFOS fermentation were lactate and acetate. This is the first example in lactobacilli of the association of a sucrose PTS and a beta-fructofuranosidase that could be used for scFOS degradation...
- From prediction to function using evolutionary genomics: human-specific ecotypes of Lactobacillus reuteri have diverse probiotic functionsJennifer K Spinler
Texas Children s Microbiome Center, Department of Pathology, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TXDepartment of Pathology and Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Genome Biol Evol 6:1772-89. 2014..Consideration of host origin and functional differences at the subspecies level may have major impacts on probiotic strain selection and considerations of microbial ecology in mammalian species. ..