Mothaffar F Rimawi
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- A neoadjuvant, randomized, open-label phase II trial of afatinib versus trastuzumab versus lapatinib in patients with locally advanced HER2-positive breast cancerMothaffar F Rimawi
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX Electronic address
Clin Breast Cancer 15:101-9. 2015..In this study we evaluated the efficacy and safety of the irreversible ErbB family blocker afatinib, versus trastuzumab or lapatinib in the neoadjuvant treatment of HER2-positive, LA BC...
- Targeting HER2 for the treatment of breast cancerMothaffar F Rimawi
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center and the Dan L Duncan Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 77030 email
Annu Rev Med 66:111-28. 2015..As a result, the list of more effective and well tolerated FDA-approved new regimens for patients with HER2+ tumors is constantly growing. ..
- Multicenter phase II study of neoadjuvant lapatinib and trastuzumab with hormonal therapy and without chemotherapy in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-overexpressing breast cancer: TBCRC 006Mothaffar F Rimawi
Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 31:1726-31. 2013..In this clinical trial, we sought to translate these findings to patients using targeted therapy without chemotherapy...
- Making sense of clinical trial data: is inverse probability of censoring weighted analysis the answer to crossover bias?Mothaffar Rimawi
Dan L Duncan Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:453-8. 2012..Notably, IPCW analysis may be particularly suited for detecting overall survival benefits that otherwise would not be detected with an ITT approach, as reported for the BIG 1-98 trial...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor expression in breast cancer association with biologic phenotype and clinical outcomesMothaffar F Rimawi
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Cancer 116:1234-42. 2010..We hypothesized that EGFR expression in human breast tumors, when centrally and uniformly assessed, is associated with an aggressive phenotype and resistance to systemic therapy...
- Reduced dose and intermittent treatment with lapatinib and trastuzumab for potent blockade of the HER pathway in HER2/neu-overexpressing breast tumor xenograftsMothaffar F Rimawi
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, Margaret M and Albert B Alkek Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:1351-61. 2011....
- Predictors of post-mastectomy reconstruction in an underserved populationErik M Wolfswinkel
Division of Plastic Surgery, Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, 6701 Fannin St Suite 610, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 66:763-9. 2013..We evaluated these factors at a public hospital serving a predominantly minority and uninsured population...
- β1 integrin mediates an alternative survival pathway in breast cancer cells resistant to lapatinibCatherine Huang
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77054, USA
Breast Cancer Res 13:R84. 2011..The β1 integrin resides on the membrane of the breast cancer cell, activating several elements of breast tumor progression including proliferation and survival...
- Upregulation of ER Signaling as an Adaptive Mechanism of Cell Survival in HER2-Positive Breast Tumors Treated with Anti-HER2 TherapyMario Giuliano
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas Department of Clinical Medicine and Surgery, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 21:3995-4003. 2015..To investigate the direct effect and therapeutic consequences of epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-targeting therapy on expression of estrogen receptor (ER) and Bcl2 in preclinical models and clinical tumor samples...
- Therapeutic potential of the dual EGFR/HER2 inhibitor AZD8931 in circumventing endocrine resistanceGladys Morrison
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center and Dan L Duncan Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, BCM 600, Houston, TX, 77030, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 144:263-72. 2014..The absence of tumor regression, however, suggests that additional escape pathways contribute to resistant growth and will need to be targeted to fully circumvent tamoxifen resistance...
- Different mechanisms for resistance to trastuzumab versus lapatinib in HER2-positive breast cancers--role of estrogen receptor and HER2 reactivationYen Chao Wang
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Breast Cancer Res 13:R121. 2011..Here we investigate resistance mechanisms to each drug alone, or to their combination using a large panel of HER2-positive cell lines made resistant to these drugs...
- FOXA1 overexpression mediates endocrine resistance by altering the ER transcriptome and IL-8 expression in ER-positive breast cancerXiaoyong Fu
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030 Dan L Duncan Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030 Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:E6600-E6609. 2016..Our study highlights a role of FOXA1 via IL-8 signaling as a potential therapeutic target in FOXA1-overexpressing ER-positive tumors...
- Circulating and disseminated tumor cells from breast cancer patient-derived xenograft-bearing mice as a novel model to study metastasisMario Giuliano
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Breast Cancer Res 17:3. 2015....
- A renewable tissue resource of phenotypically stable, biologically and ethnically diverse, patient-derived human breast cancer xenograft modelsXiaomei Zhang
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, Departments of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Pathology, and Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Cancer Res 73:4885-97. 2013..These models thus serve as a renewable, quality-controlled tissue resource for preclinical studies investigating treatment response and metastasis...
- High IGF-IR activity in triple-negative breast cancer cell lines and tumorgrafts correlates with sensitivity to anti-IGF-IR therapyBeate C Litzenburger
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center and Dan L Duncan Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:2314-27. 2011..We tested whether the IGF signature was affected by anti-IGF-I receptor (IGF-IR) inhibitors and whether the IGF signature correlated with response to a dual anti-IGF-IR/insulin receptor (InsR) inhibitor, BMS-754807...
- Phase II Study of Lapatinib in Combination With Trastuzumab in Patients With Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2-Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer: Clinical Outcomes and Predictive Value of Early [18F]Fluorodeoxyglucose Positron Emission Tomography INancy U Lin
Nancy U Lin, Hao Guo, Nicole Ryabin, Julie S Najita, William T Barry, Ian E Krop, Eric P Winer, and Annick D Van den Abbeele, Dana Farber Cancer Institute Andrea L Richardson and Annick D Van den Abbeele, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA Jeffrey T Yap, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT Ingrid A Mayer and Carlos L Arteaga, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Nashville, TN Carla I Falkson, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL Timothy J Hobday, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN E Claire Dees, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC Rita Nanda, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL Mothaffar F Rimawi, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX and Antonio C Wolff, Johns Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Baltimore, MD
J Clin Oncol 33:2623-31. 2015..We tested the combination in the earlier-line setting and explored the predictive value of [(18)F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography ([(18)F]FDG-PET) for clinical outcomes...
- Jejunal intussusception due to malignant phyllodes tumor of the breastMehmet Asim Bilen
Department of Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, 1709 Dryden Road, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 12:219-21. 2012..Here we present the first patient with jejunal metastases and intussusception due to malignant phyllodes tumor of the breast. Adjuvant treatment of malignant phyllodes tumor needs to be investigated...