Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Glycosylation regulates prestin cellular activityLavanya Rajagopalan
Bobby R Alford Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Assoc Res Otolaryngol 11:39-51. 2010..We speculate that the cholesterol regulation of prestin occurs through localization to and internalization from membrane microdomains by clathrin- and caveolin-dependent mechanisms...
- Tuning of the outer hair cell motor by membrane cholesterolLavanya Rajagopalan
Bobby R Alford Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Huffington Center on Aging and Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 282:36659-70. 2007..These findings indicate that alterations in membrane cholesterol affect prestin function and functionally tune the outer hair cell...
- Functional expression and microdomain localization of prestin in cultured cellsAngela K Sturm
Bobby R Alford Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 136:434-9. 2007..A model system to study prestin employs its transfection into cultured HEK 293 cells. Our goal was to characterize prestin's trafficking pathway and localization in the plasma membrane...
- Membrane composition modulates prestin-associated charge movementJohn Sfondouris
Bobby R Alford Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 283:22473-81. 2008..Our results quantify the relation between membrane cholesterol concentration and prestin-associated charge movement and enhance our understanding of how membrane composition modulates prestin function...
- Prestin modulates mechanics and electromechanical force of the plasma membraneRui Zhang
Applied Physics Graduate Program, Rice University, Houston, Texas, USA
Biophys J 93:L07-9. 2007..These results suggest that prestin-associated charge transfer is necessary for maximal EMF generation by the membrane...
- Identification of functionally important residues/domains in membrane proteins using an evolutionary approach coupled with systematic mutational analysisLavanya Rajagopalan
Bobby R Alford Department of Otolaryngology HNS, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Methods Mol Biol 493:287-97. 2009....
- Membrane prestin expression correlates with the magnitude of prestin-associated charge movementMichelle L Seymour
Huffington Center on Aging and Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA Electronic address
Hear Res 339:50-9. 2016..Thus, charge density directly correlates with the level of membrane prestin expression, whereas changing membrane levels of prestin have no effect on the voltage at peak capacitance in this inducible prestin-expressing cell line. ..
- Essential helix interactions in the anion transporter domain of prestin revealed by evolutionary trace analysisLavanya Rajagopalan
Department of Molecular Virology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Neurosci 26:12727-34. 2006..These data suggest that packing of helices and interactions between residues surrounding the "sulfate transporter motif" is essential for normal prestin activity...