Priscilla A Hollander
Affiliation: Baylor University Medical Center
- Combination therapy with insulin glargine plus metformin but not insulin glargine plus sulfonylurea provides similar glycemic control to triple oral combination therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes uncontrolled with dual oral agent therapyPriscilla Hollander
Baylor University Medical School, Dallas, TX, USA Electronic address
J Diabetes Complications 29:1266-71. 2015..Evaluate substituting insulin glargine (GLAR) for a thiazolidinedione (TZD) versus adding a third oral antidiabetes drug (OAD) in patients with uncontrolled type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) on TZD+metformin or TZD+sulfonylurea...
- Insulin detemir for the treatment of obese patients with type 2 diabetesPriscilla A Hollander
Baylor Endocrine Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes 5:11-9. 2012..Experiments in diabetic rats have also indicated that insulin detemir increases adiponectin levels, which is associated with both weight loss and decreased eating...
- Effects of naltrexone sustained-release/bupropion sustained-release combination therapy on body weight and glycemic parameters in overweight and obese patients with type 2 diabetesPriscilla Hollander
Corresponding author Priscilla Hollander
Diabetes Care 36:4022-9. 2013..To assess the efficacy and safety of 32 mg naltrexone sustained-release (SR)/360 mg bupropion SR (NB) in overweight/obese individuals with type 2 diabetes with or without background oral antidiabetes drugs...
- Effects of taspoglutide on glycemic control and body weight in obese patients with type 2 diabetes (T-emerge 7 study)Priscilla Hollander
Endocrinology Center, Baylor Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 21:238-47. 2013..This study assessed the efficacy of taspoglutide compared with placebo on glycemic control and weight in obese patients with T2DM inadequately controlled with metformin monotherapy...
- Controversies in prediabetes: do we have a diagnosis?Priscilla Hollander
Baylor Endocrine Center, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Postgrad Med 124:109-18. 2012..These results, and the varying guidelines for the diagnosis of prediabetes, suggest a need for informed scientific debate on diagnostic criteria and recommendations for preventive care of prediabetic states...
- Saxagliptin added to a thiazolidinedione improves glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes and inadequate control on thiazolidinedione alonePriscilla Hollander
Baylor University Medical Center, Department of Endocrinology, 3600 Gaston Avenue, Wadley 656, Dallas, Texas 75246, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:4810-9. 2009..Due to the natural progression of type 2 diabetes (T2D), most patients require combination therapy to maintain glycemic control...
- Efficacy and safety of insulin detemir once daily in combination with sitagliptin and metformin: the TRANSITION randomized controlled trialP Hollander
Baylor Endocrine Center, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 13:268-75. 2011....
- Titration of inhaled human insulin (Exubera) in a treat-to-target regimen for patients with type 2 diabetesPriscilla A Hollander
Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75246, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 12:185-91. 2010..New York, NY] [insulin human (recombinant DNA origin)] inhalation powder) in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled on combination oral antidiabetes agents (OADs)...
- Effect of rimonabant on glycemic control in insulin-treated type 2 diabetes: the ARPEGGIO trialPriscilla A Hollander
Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Diabetes Care 33:605-7. 2010..0001). Hypoglycemia, nausea, dizziness, anxiety, and depression were more frequent with rimonabant. CONCLUSIONS Rimonabant improved glycemic control and cardiometabolic risk factors in patients with type 2 diabetes receiving insulin...
- A 52-week, multinational, open-label, parallel-group, noninferiority, treat-to-target trial comparing insulin detemir with insulin glargine in a basal-bolus regimen with mealtime insulin aspart in patients with type 2 diabetesPriscilla Hollander
Baylor Medical Center Dallas, Texas 75246, USA
Clin Ther 30:1976-87. 2008....
- Low-dose rosiglitazone in patients with insulin-requiring type 2 diabetesPriscilla Hollander
Endocrinology Center, Baylor University Medical Center, 3600 Gaston Way, Wadley Tower, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:1284-90. 2007....
- Body weight changes associated with insulin therapy: a retrospective pooled analysis of inhaled human insulin (Exubera) versus subcutaneous insulin in five controlled Phase III trialsPriscilla A Hollander
Baylor Endocrine Center, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Diabetes Care 30:2508-10. 2007
- Evolution of a pulmonary insulin delivery system (Exubera) for patients with diabetesPriscilla A Hollander
Baylor University Medical Center, Endocrinology Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
MedGenMed 9:45. 2007..Taken together, these findings suggest that INH represents an important new development in the treatment of diabetes that may improve glycemic control in many patients with diabetes...
- Endocannabinoid blockade for improving glycemic control and lipids in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusPriscilla Hollander
Ruth Collins Diabetes Center, Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75246, USA
Am J Med 120:S18-28; discussion S29-32. 2007..Its multifactorial mechanisms warrant further investigation and may provide insights into other pathologies...
- Efficacy and safety of inhaled insulin (exubera) compared with subcutaneous insulin therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes: results of a 6-month, randomized, comparative trialPriscilla A Hollander
Baylor University Medical Center, Endocrinology Center, 3600 Gaston Ave, Wadley Tower, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Diabetes Care 27:2356-62. 2004....
- Two-year pulmonary safety and efficacy of inhaled human insulin (Exubera) in adult patients with type 2 diabetesJulio Rosenstock
Dallas Diabetes and Endocrine Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Diabetes Care 31:1723-8. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the 2-year pulmonary safety of inhaled human insulin (Exubera [EXU]) in 635 nonsmoking adults with type 2 diabetes...
- Pramlintide as an adjunct to insulin therapy improves long-term glycemic and weight control in patients with type 2 diabetes: a 1-year randomized controlled trialPriscilla A Hollander
Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Diabetes Care 26:784-90. 2003..The aim of the present study was to assess the long-term efficacy and safety of pramlintide in this patient population...
- Type 2 diabetes comorbidities and treatment challenges: rationale for DPP-4 inhibitorsPriscilla A Hollander
Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Postgrad Med 122:71-80. 2010....
- Initiating insulin therapy in type 2 Diabetes: a comparison of biphasic and basal insulin analogsPhilip Raskin
Department of Internal Medicine, Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 8858, USA
Diabetes Care 28:260-5. 2005..Safety and efficacy of biphasic insulin aspart 70/30 (BIAsp 70/30, prebreakfast and presupper) were compared with once-daily insulin glargine in type 2 diabetic subjects inadequately controlled on oral antidiabetic drugs (OADs)...