E C Eichenwald
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- High frequency oscillatory ventilation: is equivalence with conventional mechanical ventilation enough?E C Eichenwald
Baylor College of Medicine, 6621 Fannin, MC WT6 104, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 91:F315-7. 2006
- Management and outcomes of very low birth weightEric C Eichenwald
Department of Pediatrics and the Section of Neonatology, Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
N Engl J Med 358:1700-11. 2008
- Pro/con clinical debate: High-frequency oscillatory ventilation is better than conventional ventilation for premature infantsSherry E Courtney
Neonatologist, Division of Neonatology, Schneider Children s Hospital, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, New Hyde Park, NY, USA
Crit Care 7:423-6. 2003..Two camps of opinion exist, however, even in neonates where this modality has been most extensively studied. In the present debate, the prevailing arguments from each of those camps are made available for the reader to decide...
- Inhaled nitric oxide in preterm infants undergoing mechanical ventilationRoberta A Ballard
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia 19104, USA
N Engl J Med 355:343-53. 2006..In animal models, inhaled nitric oxide improves both gas exchange and lung structural development, but the use of this therapy in infants at risk for bronchopulmonary dysplasia is controversial...
- Early experience alters brain function and structureHeidelise Als
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School and Children s Hospital Boston, Pediatric Research Laboratories, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pediatrics 113:846-57. 2004..To investigate the effects of early experience on brain function and structure...
- Interneonatal intensive care unit variation in growth rates and feeding practices in healthy moderately premature infantsMary T Blackwell
Department of Pediatrics Lowell General Hospital, Lowell, MA, USA
J Perinatol 25:478-85. 2005..We have previously reported inter-NICU variation in discharge (D/C) timing and achievement of maturational milestones in this population...
- Lower oxygen saturation alarm limits decrease the severity of retinopathy of prematurityDeborah K Vanderveen
Department of Ophthalmology, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J AAPOS 10:445-8. 2006..To determine whether lowering oxygen saturation alarm limits for infants at risk for retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) reduces its incidence and/or severity...
- Are postnatal steroids ever justified to treat severe bronchopulmonary dysplasia?Eric C Eichenwald
Eric C Eichenwald, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 92:F334-7. 2007
- Current definitions of hypotension do not predict abnormal cranial ultrasound findings in preterm infantsCatherine Limperopoulos
Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pediatrics 120:966-77. 2007..Our goal was to examine the relationship between current definitions of hypotension and early abnormal cranial ultrasound findings...