Megan K Dishop
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Pathologic changes of skin and hair in ankyloblepharon-ectodermal defects-cleft lip/palate (AEC) syndromeMegan K Dishop
Department of Pathology, Texas Children s Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, 6621 Fannin, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Med Genet A 149:1935-41. 2009..Skin and hair findings in AEC syndrome were found to be generally similar to those described in other ectodermal dysplasia syndromes and corroborates the few prior descriptions in AEC syndrome specifically...
- Primary and metastatic lung tumors in the pediatric population: a review and 25-year experience at a large children's hospitalMegan K Dishop
Department of Pathology, Texas Children s Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 132:1079-103. 2008..Primary lung neoplasms are rare in children, but they comprise a broad and interesting spectrum of lesions, some of which are familiar from other tissue sites, and some of which are unique to the pediatric lung...
- Pediatric lung transplantation: perspectives for the pathologistMegan K Dishop
Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Department of Pathology, Houston, TX, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 11:85-105. 2008....
- Cerebral aspergillosis caused by Aspergillus granulosusDeanna A Sutton
Fungus Testing Laboratory, Department of Pathology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
J Clin Microbiol 47:3386-90. 2009..We report a fatal central nervous system infection in a lung transplant recipient. Key features of this species in the section Usti include growth at 37 degrees C and large, randomly spaced aggregates of variably shaped Hülle cells...
- IgA nephropathy presenting with renal failure and pulmonary hemorrhagePoyyapakkam Srivaths
Department of Pediatrics Renal Section, Baylor College of Medicine, MC 3 2482, 6621 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77030 2399, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 25:535-8. 2010..Despite this being a rare manifestation of IgA nephropathy, clinicians need to be aware of this presentation as it is potentially fatal, but amenable to aggressive immunosuppression...
- Fetal lung interstitial tumor: a cause of late gestation fetal hydropsDavid A Lazar
Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Texas Children s Fetal Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Pediatr Surg 46:1263-6. 2011..This case demonstrates that a subset of fetal lung masses may continue to grow later in gestation and emphasizes the need for late gestation imaging and close follow-up in this patient cohort...
- Rapid and progressive pulmonary fibrosis in 2 families with DNA repair deficiencies of undetermined etiologyTimothy J Vece
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
J Pediatr 160:700-702.e3. 2012..We report 4 children from 2 families with rapidly progressive and fatal pulmonary fibrosis. A novel DNA repair defect unrelated to the ataxia-telangiectasia mutated gene was found in 1 child from each family...
- Treatment of adenovirus pneumonia with cidofovir in pediatric lung transplant recipientsMinh L Doan
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pulmonology, Congenital Heart Surgery Service, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 26:883-9. 2007..Cidofovir allows for directed therapy but can result in nephrotoxicity. We report our experience with cidofovir for the treatment of adenovirus pneumonia in pediatric lung transplant recipients...
- A protocol for the handling of tissue obtained by operative lung biopsy: recommendations of the chILD pathology co-operative groupClaire Langston
Department of Pathology, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, and Division of Surgical Pathology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 9:173-80. 2006..I think he would have been pleased to see the changes that have occurred over the past 10 years in pediatric lung biology and pathology in particular, because these were particularly favored interests of his later years...
- Outcomes for children with gallbladder abnormalities and sickle cell diseaseMary Nell Suell
Department of Pediatrics, Texas Children s Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, 77030, USA
J Pediatr 145:617-21. 2004..To determine whether elective cholecystectomy is justifiable in children with sickle cell disease (SCD), gallbladder abnormalities, and minimal clinical symptoms...
- Intravenous injection of pharmaceutical tablets presenting as multiple pulmonary nodules and declining pulmonary function in an adolescent with cystic fibrosisKelly J Smith
Department of Pediatric Pulmonology, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Pediatrics 118:e924-8. 2006..Recognition of both the diagnostic imaging features and histologic features on lung biopsy are critical steps for early diagnosis, intervention, and potential prevention of sudden death in these at-risk patients...
- Diffuse lung disease in infancy: a proposed classification applied to 259 diagnostic biopsiesClaire Langston
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children s Hospital, 6621 Fannin Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 12:421-37. 2009....
- Basidiomycetous fungal Inonotus tropicalis sacral osteomyelitis in X-linked chronic granulomatous diseaseCarla M Davis
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:655-6. 2007..We describe the clinical presentation and subsequent destructive sacral osteomyelitis with a basidiomycetous mold, Inonotus tropicalis, in a patient with an X-linked chronic granulomatous disease...
- Successful treatment of bronchiolitis obliterans in a bone marrow transplant patient with tumor necrosis factor-alpha blockadeJason J Fullmer
Department of Pediatrics, Texas Children s Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Pediatrics 116:767-70. 2005..Nine months later, she remains asymptomatic and shows no evidence of pulmonary decompensation. This case illustrates a successful treatment of BO with selective tumor necrosis factor-alpha blockade...
- Prenatal presentation and outcome of children with pleuropulmonary blastomaDouglas N Miniati
Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Pediatr Surg 41:66-71. 2006..Treatment for this condition is primarily surgical resection; however, increasing experience suggests that adjuvant chemotherapy may decrease recurrence and improve outcome...
- Pulmonary capillaritis in children: a review of eight cases with comparison to other alveolar hemorrhage syndromesJason J Fullmer
Department of Pediatrics, Texas Children s Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston 77030, USA
J Pediatr 146:376-81. 2005....
- Pulmonary manifestations in children with invasive community-acquired Staphylococcus aureus infectionBlanca E Gonzalez
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Clin Infect Dis 41:583-90. 2005..Primary pneumonia and metastatic pulmonary infection have become more common in patients with invasive community-acquired Staphylococcus aureus disease at Texas Children's Hospital (TCH; Houston)...
- Clear cell sarcoma of soft tissue: diagnostic utility of fluorescence in situ hybridization and reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reactionCholadda V Curry
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
J Cutan Pathol 35:411-7. 2008..In many circumstances, definitive diagnosis is only possible with confirmation of the CCSS-defining translocation...
- Chronic active Epstein-Barr virus infection of natural killer cells presenting as severe skin reaction to mosquito bitesSusan E Pacheco
Baylor College of Medicine, Pediatric Allergy and Immunology Service, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030 2399, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 116:470-2. 2005
- Burkholderia gladioli osteomyelitis in association with chronic granulomatous disease: case report and reviewBobby L Boyanton
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 24:837-9. 2005..A review of infections caused by Burkholderia spp., other than Burkholderia cepacia complex, in pediatric patients with chronic granulomatous disease is provided...
- Promotion of lung carcinogenesis by chronic obstructive pulmonary disease-like airway inflammation in a K-ras-induced mouse modelSeyed Javad Moghaddam
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 2121 W Holcombe Boulevard, Suite 703F, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 40:443-53. 2009..We conclude that COPD-like airway inflammation promotes lung carcinogenesis in a background of a G12D-activated K-ras allele in airway secretory cells...
- Mycobacterium simiae cervical lymphadenitisNiraj C Patel
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Infectious Diseases, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:362-3. 2007..We describe a previously healthy child with M. simiae necrotizing granulomatous cervical lymphadenitis. Cure was achieved with excision of the affected nodes and adjunctive antimicrobial therapy...
- Multimodality imaging of tracheobronchial disorders in childrenSireesha Yedururi
Edward B Singleton Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Texas Children s Hospital, MC 2 2521, 6621 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Radiographics 28:e29. 2008..A systematic approach to imaging the airway based on clinical symptoms and signs is essential for the prompt, safe, and accurate diagnosis of tracheobronchial disorders in children...
- An unusual cause of appendicitis in a childAllison H Bartlett
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Infectious Diseases, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX, USA
Semin Pediatr Infect Dis 17:111-2, 177-9. 2006
- Retroperitoneal hemangioma of infancySanjeev A Vasudevan
Department of Pediatrics, Texas Children s Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030 2399, USA
J Pediatr Surg 41:e41-4. 2006..Hemangioma should be considered in the differential diagnosis of asymptomatic retroperitoneal mass lesions in infants...
- Diffuse lung disease in young children: application of a novel classification schemeGail H Deutsch
Divisions of Pathology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 176:1120-8. 2007..Considerable confusion exists regarding nomenclature, classification, and management of pediatric diffuse lung diseases due to the relative rarity and differences in the spectrum of disease between adults and young children...
- Self-healing collodion membrane and mild nonbullous congenital ichthyosiform erythroderma due to 2 novel mutations in the ALOX12B geneMandy Harting
Pediatric Adolescent Dermatology, Specially for Children, 1301 Barbara Jordan Blvd, Ste 200, Austin, TX 78723, USA
Arch Dermatol 144:351-6. 2008..Recent years have seen considerable advances in our understanding of the molecular basis of autosomal recessive forms of congenital ichthyosis. Several genetic loci have been identified for LI and NCIE...