Carla M Davis
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Changes in prevalence and characteristics of IgE-mediated food allergies in children referred to a tertiary care center in 2003 and 2008Anik J Amin
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 33:95-101. 2012..Clinical presentation of FA may change over time and this phenomenon warrants study to determine contributory factors...
- Basidiomycetous fungal Inonotus tropicalis sacral osteomyelitis in X-linked chronic granulomatous diseaseCarla M Davis
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:655-6. 2007..We describe the clinical presentation and subsequent destructive sacral osteomyelitis with a basidiomycetous mold, Inonotus tropicalis, in a patient with an X-linked chronic granulomatous disease...
- Diagnosis and management of HIV drug hypersensitivityCarla M Davis
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030 2399, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:826-832.e5. 2008....
- Development of specific T-cell responses to Candida and tetanus antigens in partial DiGeorge syndromeCarla M Davis
Department of Pediatrics, Allergy and Immunology Section, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030 2399, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 122:1194-9. 2008..Although lymphocyte proliferation to mitogens is generally preserved, it is uncertain whether the development of specific cellular immunity in pDGS is similarly preserved...
- Outcomes of patients with severe combined immunodeficiency treated with hematopoietic stem cell transplantation with and without preconditioningNiraj C Patel
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Allergy and Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Tex 77039, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 124:1062-9.e1-4. 2009..The effect of pretransplantation conditioning on the long-term outcomes of patients receiving hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID) has not been completely determined...
- Disparity in the availability of injectable epinephrine in a large, diverse US school districtSweta S Shah
Department of Pediatrics, Allergy and Immunology Section, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Tex
J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract 2:288-93.e1. 2014..The Houston Independent School District (HISD) has an urban, socioeconomically diverse population and the role of ethnicity and socioeconomic status (SES) with availability of epinephrine has not been explored in this population...
- A 15-year-old boy with severe combined immunodeficiency, fungal infection, and weight gainMehtap Haktanir Abul
Section of Immunology, Allergy and Rheumatology, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 36:407-11. 2015..Coexisting fungal infections are rare, even in hosts who are immunocompromised, and they require careful evaluation. Antifungal treatment may result in drug-drug interactions with significant complications. ..
- Practical management of eosinophilic esophagitisCarla M Davis
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Ann 42:128-34. 2013..As a chronic, antigen-mediated disease causing eosinophilic inflammation in the esophagus, EoE symptoms are similar to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and it results in significant morbidity. ..
- Improvement of teacher food allergy knowledge in socioeconomically diverse schools after educational interventionSweta S Shah
Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 52:812-20. 2013..We sought to determine the effect of a didactic session on teacher knowledge of the causative foods, symptoms, and treatment of reactions in diverse elementary schools...
- Egg hypersensitivity in reviewSana A Hasan
Department of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 34:26-32. 2013..Allergists can now educate, diagnose, and manage egg-allergic patients with state-of-the-art information to improve patient's quality of life as never before...