A C Chang
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Mechanical cardiopulmonary support in children and young adults: extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, ventricular assist devices, and long-term support devicesA C Chang
Department of Pediatrics, Texas Children s Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, 6621 Fannin, MC 19345 C, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 26:2-28. 2005
- Common problems and their solutions in paediatric cardiac intensive careAnthony C Chang
Critical Care Cardiology and Cardiac Intensive Care Program, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, United States of America
Cardiol Young 15:169-73. 2005
- An alternative treatment strategy for pump thrombus in the DeBakey VAD Child: use of clopidogrel as a thrombolytic agentMatthew A Studer
Lillie Frank Abercrombie Section of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics Cardiology, Critical Care, Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children s Hospital, 6621 Fannin, MC 19345 C, Houston 77030, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 25:857-61. 2006..We report the use of clopidogrel as an alternative thrombolytic agent in the presence of pump thrombus in an adolescent patient with a DeBakey VAD Child heart pump...
- Family-member presence during interventions in the intensive care unit: perceptions of pediatric cardiac intensive care providersJulie K Kuzin
Department of Cardiology, Texas Children s Hospital, 6621 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatrics 120:e895-901. 2007..We propose to define perceptions and practice regarding family-member presence during ICU interventions from a multidisciplinary group of pediatric cardiac intensive care providers...
- The efficacy of mitral valve surgery in children with dilated cardiomyopathy and severe mitral regurgitationJohn P Breinholt
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children s Hospital, 6621 Fannin Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 29:13-8. 2008..Mitral valve surgery should be considered prior to heart transplant in children with dilated cardiomyopathy and severe mitral regurgitation...
- Future pharmacologic agents for treatment of heart failure in childrenBrady S Moffett
Department of Pharmacy, Texas Children s Hospital, 6621 Fannin Street, MC 2 2510, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 27:533-51. 2006..The education and skill of the practitioner when applying these agents in pediatric heart failure is of utmost importance...
- Serial plasma BNP levels in assessing inadequate left ventricular decompression on ECMOChristine B Falkensammer
Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children s Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, 6621 Fannin Street, MC WT 19345 C, Houston, TX, 77030, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 29:808-11. 2008..In this setting BNP levels may be an indicator of left ventricular stretch and are potentially a useful index to monitor left ventricular distension...
- Perioperative management of patients with poorly functioning ventricles in the setting of the functionally univentricular heartJoseph W Rossano
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cardiol Young 16:47-54. 2006
- Preterm infants with congenital heart disease and bronchopulmonary dysplasia: postoperative course and outcome after cardiac surgeryColin J McMahon
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
Pediatrics 116:423-30. 2005..We sought to investigate the impact of BPD on children with CHD after heart surgery...
- Adults undergoing cardiac surgery at a children's hospital: an analysis of perioperative morbidityJoseph W Rossano
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 83:606-12. 2007..Limited data exist regarding the perioperative morbidity profile of adults who have cardiac operations at pediatric facilities...
- A noninvasive estimation of mixed venous oxygen saturation using near-infrared spectroscopy by cerebral oximetry in pediatric cardiac surgery patientsTia A Tortoriello
The Lillie Frank Abercrombie Section of Paediatric Cardiology, The Heart Center, Texas Children s Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 15:495-503. 2005..The aim of this study was to validate the use of NIRS by cerebral oximetry in estimating invasively measured mixed venous oxygen saturation (SvO2) in pediatric postoperative cardiac surgery patients...
- Safety and efficacy of nesiritide in pediatric heart failureJohn L Jefferies
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Card Fail 13:541-8. 2007..We hypothesized that recombinant B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) (nesiritide) could improve urine output and neurohormonal markers of heart failure without worsening renal function in pediatric patients...
- Complex pulmonary atresia in a neonate: successful surgical palliation for right pulmonary artery arising from the right main coronary arteryBrian K Eble
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, MC 19345C, 6621 Fannin Street, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 33:225-8. 2006..This case illustrates the importance of careful delineation of the anatomy in complex pulmonary atresia before surgical intervention...
- Lessons learned from the first application of the DeBakey VAD Child: an intracorporeal ventricular assist device for childrenDavid L S Morales
Division of Congenital Heart Surgery, Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 24:331-7. 2005..The risk-benefit of novel technologies in advanced heart failure and the lessons learned by our experience are important to consider in hopes that other centers (where this device is now available) may benefit...
- Survey of the use of peripherally inserted central venous catheters in neonates with critical congenital cardiac diseaseLin Hua Tan
Department of Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Children s Hospital, Zhejiang University College of Medicine, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Cardiol Young 17:196-201. 2007..We conclude that central venous catheters, when inserted peripherally, provide reliable and safe access for prolonged intravenous therapy in neonates with critical congenital cardiac disease...
- Near-infrared spectroscopy and tissue oxygenation: the unremitting quest for the holy grailBeth A Johnson
Pediatr Crit Care Med 9:123-4. 2008
- Prophylactic intravenous use of milrinone after cardiac operation in pediatrics (PRIMACORP) study. Prophylactic Intravenous Use of Milrinone After Cardiac Operation in PediatricsTimothy M Hoffman
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am Heart J 143:15-21. 2002....
- Hemodynamic effects of rescue protocol hydrocortisone in neonates with low cardiac output syndrome after cardiac surgeryPertti K Suominen
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Pediatr Crit Care Med 6:655-9. 2005..To assess the hemodynamic effects and safety of hydrocortisone in neonates with low cardiac output syndrome requiring high levels of inotropic support and fluid resuscitation after cardiac surgery...
- Efficacy and safety of milrinone in preventing low cardiac output syndrome in infants and children after corrective surgery for congenital heart diseaseTimothy M Hoffman
Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Circulation 107:996-1002. 2003..This study evaluated the efficacy and safety of prophylactic milrinone in pediatric patients at high risk for developing LCOS...
- Mesenteric oxygen desaturation in an infant with congenital heart disease and necrotizing enterocolitisGary E Stapleton
Divisions of Pediatric Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 34:442-4. 2007..To our knowledge, this is the 1st report of mesenteric oxyhemoglobin desaturation in association with necrotizing enterocolitis in a patient who also had congenital heart disease...
- The effect of temperature correction of blood gas values on the accuracy of end-tidal carbon dioxide monitoring in children after cardiac surgeryPertti K Suominen
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
ASAIO J 53:670-4. 2007..End-tidal CO2 monitoring more accurately reflects temperature-corrected blood gas values...
- Inflammatory mediators in children undergoing cardiopulmonary bypass: is there a unified field theory amidst this biomolecular chaos?Anthony C Chang
Pediatr Crit Care Med 4:386-7. 2003
- Pharmacologic therapy for postoperative bleeding in children after cardiac surgery: when will the bleeding stop?Qin Yan
Pediatr Crit Care Med 5:297-8. 2004
- Manpower shortage in pediatric cardiac intensive care: how can we undo this Gordian knot?Anthony C Chang
Pediatr Crit Care Med 5:414-5. 2004
- Concentrations of brain natriuretic peptide in the plasma predicts outcomes of treatment of children with decompensated heart failure admitted to the Intensive Care unitLin Hua Tan
Department of Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Children s Hospital College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Cardiol Young 17:397-406. 2007..It is known that levels of brain natriuretic peptide predict outcomes of treatment for adults with decompensated heart failure. We hypothesized that it could predict outcomes in children with this condition...
- Transhepatic approach as an alternative long-term central venous access in critically ill children with complex congenital heart disease: a new angle to an old problem?Lin Hua Tan
Pediatr Crit Care Med 8:298-9. 2007
- Neonatal physiology of the functionally univentricular heartDavid P Nelson
Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, The Heart Center at Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Cardiol Young 14:52-60. 2004....
- A population pharmacokinetic analysis of milrinone in pediatric patients after cardiac surgeryJames M Bailey
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn 31:43-59. 2004..The volume of distribution was 482 ml kg(-1) and was independent of age. Clearance was a linear function of age given by Cl = 2.42 ml kg(-1) min(-1) [1 + 0.396*age]...
- Pulmonary insufficiency: preparing the patient with ventricular dysfunction for surgeryBeatriz Bouzas
Adult Congenital Heart Program, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Cardiol Young 15:51-7. 2005
- Steroids and low cardiac output syndrome after cardiac surgery in childrenHeather A Dickerson
Pediatr Crit Care Med 6:495-6. 2005
- Fluid balance in children after cardiac surgery: is fenoldopam an answer?Stuart L Goldstein
Pediatr Crit Care Med 7:89-90. 2006