Robert W Awe
Affiliation: Baylor College of Medicine
- Effects of infection and disease with Mycobacterium tuberculosis on serum antibody to glucan and arabinomannan: two surface polysaccharides of this pathogenWendy A Keitel
Department of Molecular Virology and Microbiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
BMC Infect Dis 13:276. 2013..The role of the surface capsular polysaccharides (CPs) of Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Mtb) in the pathogenesis of infection and disease, as well their potential for use as diagnostic reagents and vaccine antigens, are unknown...
- Rapid research response to the 2009 A(H1N1)pdm09 influenza pandemic (Revised)Wendy A Keitel
Department of Molecular Virology and Microbiology, Houston, TX, USA
BMC Res Notes 6:177. 2013..Sera were tested for the presence and level of HAI and neutralizing antibodies against the A(H1N1)pdm09 virus...
- Comparative immunogenicity of recombinant influenza hemagglutinin (rHA) and trivalent inactivated vaccine (TIV) among persons > or =65 years oldW A Keitel
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, United States
Vaccine 28:379-85. 2009..ILI frequencies were low and similar in both groups. Studies assessing relative immunogenicity of vaccines using identical B Ags are warranted...
- Safety and immunogenicity of inactivated, Vero cell culture-derived whole virus influenza A/H5N1 vaccine given alone or with aluminum hydroxide adjuvant in healthy adultsWendy A Keitel
Baylor College of Medicine Vaccine Research Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Vaccine 27:6642-8. 2009..Because influenza antibody titers vary significantly between different laboratories, international standardization of assays is warranted...
- High doses of purified influenza A virus hemagglutinin significantly augment serum and nasal secretion antibody responses in healthy young adultsW A Keitel
Acute Viral Respiratory Disease Unit, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030 3498
J Clin Microbiol 32:2468-73. 1994..Similar increases in serum antibody levels were noted for both A/H1N1 and A/H3N2 viruses in study 2. These data provide a basis for proceeding with the evaluation of high doses of purified HA in the elderly...
- Safety and immunogenicity of a recombinant nonglycosylated erythrocyte binding antigen 175 Region II malaria vaccine in healthy adults living in an area where malaria is not endemicH M El Sahly
Departments of Molecular Virology and Microbiology and Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 17:1552-9. 2010..falciparum at low levels compared to sera from placebo recipients or preimmune sera. In conclusion, the EBA-175 vaccine with adjuvant was safe and immunogenic in malaria-naïve subjects...
- Immunization against influenza: comparison of various topical and parenteral regimens containing inactivated and/or live attenuated vaccines in healthy adultsW A Keitel
Departments of Molecular Virology and Microbiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Infect Dis 183:329-332. 2001..Combined inl and im immunization is a promising approach for enhancing both local and systemic immune responses against influenza...
- Safety, reactogenicity and immunogenicity of Francisella tularensis live vaccine strain in humansH M El Sahly
Department of Molecular Virology and Microbiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, United States
Vaccine 27:4905-11. 2009....
- A randomized clinical trial of acellular pertussis vaccines in healthy adults: dose-response comparisons of 5 vaccines and implications for booster immunizationW A Keitel
Departments of Microbiology, Immunology, and Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Infect Dis 180:397-403. 1999..Antibody levels fell significantly during the year after immunization. These data support evaluation of ACVs for broader use among adolescents and adults...
- Cellular and acellular pertussis vaccines in adultsW A Keitel
Department of Microbiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Infect Dis 28:S118-23. 1999..A clear understanding of the impact of pertussis in adolescents and adults will help to define the need for booster immunization after childhood...
- Phase I trial of two recombinant vaccines containing the 19kd carboxy terminal fragment of Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface protein 1 (msp-1(19)) and T helper epitopes of tetanus toxoidW A Keitel
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Vaccine 18:531-9. 1999..Both MSP-1(19) vaccines were immunogenic in humans, but changes in formulation will be necessary to improve safety and immunogenicity profiles...