Thomas G Weidner
Affiliation: Ball State University
- Importance and applicability of approved clinical instructor standards and criteria to certified athletic trainers in different clinical education settingsThomas G Weidner
School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Science, Ball State University, Muncie, IN 47306, USA
J Athl Train 40:326-32. 2005..For optimal clinical education of athletic training students, Clinical Instructor Educators and program directors need to proactively select, train, and evaluate their Approved Clinical Instructors (ACIs)...
- Athletic training students in the college/ university setting and the scope of clinical educationThomas G Weidner
Ball State University, Muncie, IN, USA
J Athl Train 41:422-6. 2006....
- Effect of exercise on upper respiratory tract infection in sedentary subjectsT Weidner
School of Physical Education, Ball State University, Munice, IN 47306, USA
Br J Sports Med 37:304-6. 2003..To determine if exercise training affects the severity and duration of a naturally acquired upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) in sedentary subjects...
- Peer-assisted learning and orthopaedic evaluation psychomotor skillsThomas G Weidner
Ball State University, Muncie, IN 47306, USA
J Athl Train 42:113-9. 2007..However, peer-assisted learning (PAL) has not been examined within athletic training education to provide evidence for PAL's current use or for its use as a pedagogic tool...
- Evaluation of athletic training students' clinical proficienciesStacy E Walker
Ball State University, School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Science, Muncie, IN 47306, USA
J Athl Train 43:386-95. 2008..Appropriate methods for evaluating clinical proficiencies are essential in ensuring entry-level competence...
- Role strain in collegiate athletic training approved clinical instructorsJolene M Henning
Department of Exercise and Sport Science, The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, NC 27402, USA
J Athl Train 43:275-83. 2008..Whether this balancing act is associated with role strain in athletic trainers has not been examined...