G R Devi
Affiliation: AVI BioPharma
- Differential effects of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-binding protein-3 and its proteolytic fragments on ligand binding, cell surface association, and IGF-I receptor signalingG R Devi
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201 3042, USA
Endocrinology 141:4171-9. 2000..However, unlike the (1-97)NH2-terminal fragment, the COOH-terminal fragments of IGFBP-3 retained their ability to associate with the cell surface, and this binding was competed by heparin, similar to intact IGFBP-3...
- XIAP as target for therapeutic apoptosis in prostate cancerGayathri R Devi
Cancer and Endocrine Program, AVI BioPharma, Inc, Corvallis, Oregon 97333, USA
Drug News Perspect 17:127-34. 2004..This review attempts to present an overview of the interaction between cell survival and death pathways, mechanism of XIAP action and recent studies supporting XIAP as an emerging therapeutic target...
- Resistance to chemotherapeutic drugs overcome by c-Myc inhibition in a Lewis lung carcinoma murine modelDerek C Knapp
AVI BioPharma Inc, Corvallis, OR 97333, USA
Anticancer Drugs 14:39-47. 2003..In conclusion, AVI-4126 potentiates the efficacy of chemotherapeutic drugs in a manner that is schedule dependent...
- Inhibition of human chorionic gonadotropin beta-subunit modulates the mitogenic effect of c-myc in human prostate cancer cellsGayathri R Devi
AVI BioPharma, Corvallis, Oregon 97333, USA
Prostate 53:200-10. 2002..Human chorionic gonadotropin, a growth factor implicated in neoplasm, causes activation of c-myc through a G-protein-coupled pathway of signal transduction...
- Prostate cancer: status of current treatments and emerging antisense-based therapiesGayathri R Devi
AVI BioPharma Inc, Corvallis, OR 97333, USA
Curr Opin Mol Ther 4:138-48. 2002..This review summarizes recent progress that has been made with the use of antisense technology with various chemistries to modify gene expression, a strategy that seems to hold great promise for prostate cancer therapy...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 induces early apoptosis in malignant prostate cancer cells and inhibits tumor formation in vivoGayathri R Devi
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Prostate 51:141-52. 2002..Insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP-3) levels are significantly reduced in malignant prostate epithelial cells. In this study, we evaluated the role of endogenous IGFBP-3 on prostate cancer cell growth and tumorigenesis...
- Effect of IGFBP-3 on IGF- and IGF-analogue-induced insulin-like growth factor-I receptor (IGFIR) signallingG R Devi
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR 97201 3042, USA
Growth Horm IGF Res 11:231-9. 2001....
- In vivo bioavailability and pharmacokinetics of a c-MYC antisense phosphorodiamidate morpholino oligomer, AVI-4126, in solid tumorsGayathri R Devi
AVI BioPharma, Inc, Corvallis, Oregon and Oregon Health and Science University Cancer Institute, Portland, Oregon, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:3930-8. 2005..Data from both human studies indicated similar plasma concentration-time profile. These studies show PMO bioavailability in tumor tissue and establish the feasibility of using PMO targeting specific genes in human cancer clinical trials...
- Neutrally charged phosphorodiamidate morpholino antisense oligomers: uptake, efficacy and pharmacokineticsVikram Arora
Research and Development, AVI BioPharma, Inc, USA
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 5:431-9. 2004..This review will summarize the preclinical studies with PMOs on the road to their development as therapeutic agents with particular emphasis on in vivo biodistribution and pharmacokinetics...
- Androgen receptor down-regulation in prostate cancer with phosphorodiamidate morpholino antisense oligomersYoo Joung Ko
Cancer Biology Program, Hematology Oncology Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Urol 172:1140-4. 2004..In this study we evaluated a novel antisense phosphorodiamidate morpholino oligomer (PMO) targeting the translational start site of AR mRNA in vitro and in vivo in a PCa xenograft and murine prostate...
- X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein inhibition induces apoptosis and enhances chemotherapy sensitivity in human prostate cancer cellsAdams Amantana
AVI BioPharma, Inc, 4575 SW Research Way, Suite 200, Corvallis, OR 97333, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 3:699-707. 2004..In conclusion, abrogation of XIAP expression is essential for therapeutic apoptosis and enhanced chemotherapy sensitization in androgen-refractory prostate cancer cells...
- A novel antisense inhibitor of MMP-9 attenuates angiogenesis, human prostate cancer cell invasion and tumorigenicityCarla A London
AVI BioPharma Inc, 4575 SW Research Way, Suite 200, Corvallis, Oregon 97333, USA
Cancer Gene Ther 10:823-32. 2003..These data establish the feasibility of developing a site-directed, nontoxic antisense therapeutic agent for inhibiting local invasion and metastasis...
- Efficacy of antisense morpholino oligomer targeted to c-myc in prostate cancer xenograft murine model and a Phase I safety study in humansPatrick L Iversen
AVI BioPharma Inc, Corvallis, Oregon 97333, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:2510-9. 2003....
- c-MYC antisense phosphosphorodiamidate morpholino oligomer inhibits lung metastasis in a murine tumor modelHarmanjatinder S Sekhon
Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, OR, USA
Lung Cancer 60:347-54. 2008..The present study evaluates AVI-4126 on the development of lung metastasis in the LLC1 syngeneic murine tumor model. Further, this is the first study to show in vivo mis-splicing of c-MYC post-AVI-4126 treatment...
- Inhibition of Androgen Receptor to treat Prostate CancerGayathri Devi; Fiscal Year: 2003..Based on these data, future pharmacokinetic and toxicology animal studies will allow proceeding to human phase I testing in a timely and efficient manner. ..
- Antisense Morpholino Oligomers to Treat RetinopathyGayathri Devi; Fiscal Year: 2003..The primary goal of this grant is to identify the optimal antisense alphav PMO, dose and schedule that maximally decreases alpha V expression and inhibits retinopathy of prematurity. ..