Affiliation: AVI BioPharma
- Redirection of drug metabolism using antisense technologyV Arora
Research and Development, AVI BioPharma Inc, Corvallis, OR 97333, USA
Curr Opin Mol Ther 3:249-57. 2001..The use of antisense morpholino oligonucleotide strategies to target CYP enzymes may result in safer and more uniform therapeutic applications...
- Bioavailability and efficacy of antisense morpholino oligomers targeted to c-myc and cytochrome P-450 3A2 following oral administration in ratsVikram Arora
AVI BioPharma, 4575 SW Research Way, Suite 200, Corvallis, Oregon 97333, USA
J Pharm Sci 91:1009-18. 2002..These studies highlight the potential for development of PMOs as orally administered therapeutic agents...
- Phosphorodiamidate morpholino antisense oligomers inhibit expression of human cytochrome P450 3A4 and alter selected drug metabolismVikram Arora
Research and Development, AVI BioPharma, Corvallis, Oregon 97333, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 30:757-62. 2002..Finally, the cytocidal activity of cisplatin was not affected with AVI-4557 treatment in either cell type. These studies indicate AVI-4557 is an effective and specific inhibitor of CYP3A4 expression...
- Neutrally charged phosphorodiamidate morpholino antisense oligomers: uptake, efficacy and pharmacokineticsVikram Arora
Research and Development, AVI BioPharma, Inc, USA
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 5:431-9. 2004..This review will summarize the preclinical studies with PMOs on the road to their development as therapeutic agents with particular emphasis on in vivo biodistribution and pharmacokinetics...
- Transdermal use of phosphorodiamidate morpholino oligomer AVI-4472 inhibits cytochrome P450 3A2 activity in male ratsVikram Arora
AVI BioPharma, Corvallis, Oregon, USA
Pharm Res 19:1465-70. 2002..To determine if dermal absorption of an antisense phosphorodiamidate Morpholino oligomers (PMO) can inhibit target gene expression in the liver in vivo...
- Transdermal delivery of phosphorodiamidate Morpholino oligomers across hairless mouse skinAngela K Pannier
Department of Biological Systems Engineering, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE 68583 0726, USA
Int J Pharm 275:217-26. 2004..The presence of G-quartets correlated with better PMO penetration from a water vehicle. Overall, the data suggest that some oligomers and vehicles would be better for transdermal delivery and others for topical applications...
- Antisense strategies for redirection of drug metabolism: using paclitaxel as a modelVikram Arora
Research and Development, AVI BioPharma, Corvallis, OR, USA
Methods Mol Med 106:273-92. 2005
- In vivo bioavailability and pharmacokinetics of a c-MYC antisense phosphorodiamidate morpholino oligomer, AVI-4126, in solid tumorsGayathri R Devi
AVI BioPharma, Inc, Corvallis, Oregon and Oregon Health and Science University Cancer Institute, Portland, Oregon, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:3930-8. 2005..Data from both human studies indicated similar plasma concentration-time profile. These studies show PMO bioavailability in tumor tissue and establish the feasibility of using PMO targeting specific genes in human cancer clinical trials...
- A novel antisense inhibitor of MMP-9 attenuates angiogenesis, human prostate cancer cell invasion and tumorigenicityCarla A London
AVI BioPharma Inc, 4575 SW Research Way, Suite 200, Corvallis, Oregon 97333, USA
Cancer Gene Ther 10:823-32. 2003..These data establish the feasibility of developing a site-directed, nontoxic antisense therapeutic agent for inhibiting local invasion and metastasis...
- Efficacy of antisense morpholino oligomer targeted to c-myc in prostate cancer xenograft murine model and a Phase I safety study in humansPatrick L Iversen
AVI BioPharma Inc, Corvallis, Oregon 97333, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:2510-9. 2003....
- Reduction in tamoxifen-induced CYP3A2 expression and DNA adducts using antisense technologyBrinda Mahadevan
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA
Mol Carcinog 45:118-25. 2006..Overall the data suggest the utility of antisense technology in the redirection of TAM metabolism thereby lowering TAM genotoxicity in rat liver...