Vanita R Aroda
- Efficacy of GLP-1 receptor agonists and DPP-4 inhibitors: meta-analysis and systematic reviewVanita R Aroda
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, MedStar Health Research Institute, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
Clin Ther 34:1247-1258.e22. 2012..Considerable clinical data on the treatment of type 2 diabetes with incretin-based therapies (glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor agonists [GLP-1RAs] and dipeptidyl-peptidase IV [DPP-4] inhibitors) are available...
- Efficacy and Safety of LixiLan, a Titratable Fixed-Ratio Combination of Insulin Glargine Plus Lixisenatide in Type 2 Diabetes Inadequately Controlled on Basal Insulin and Metformin: The LixiLan-L Randomized TrialVanita R Aroda
MedStar Health Research Institute, Hyattsville, MD
Diabetes Care 39:1972-1980. 2016....
- Cross-sectional evaluation of noninvasively detected skin intrinsic fluorescence and mean hemoglobin a1c in type 1 diabetesVanita R Aroda
MedStar Health Research Institute, Hyattsville, Maryland 20782, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 15:117-23. 2013..This study evaluated the relationship between skin intrinsic fluorescence (SIF) and long-term mean hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) in individuals with type 1 diabetes...
- Metabolic and hormonal changes induced by pioglitazone in polycystic ovary syndrome: a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trialVanita R Aroda
Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, California, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:469-76. 2009..Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is characterized by insulin resistance, compensatory hyperinsulinemia, increased prevalence of impaired glucose tolerance, and increased ovarian androgen biosynthesis...
- The safety and tolerability of GLP-1 receptor agonists in the treatment of type 2 diabetes: a reviewVanita R Aroda
Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, MedStar Health Research Institute, Washington, DC 20003, USA
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 27:528-42. 2011..Primary tolerability issues include transient gastrointestinal symptoms, common with GLP-1 receptor agonists, which can be reduced through dose titration...
- Clinical implications of exenatide as a twice-daily or once-weekly therapy for type 2 diabetesVanita R Aroda
Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, MedStar Health Research Institute, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
Postgrad Med 123:228-38. 2011..This review describes the similarities and differences between exenatide delivered as a twice-daily or as a once-weekly injection to provide a better understanding of the clinical effects and potential clinical uses of each...
- Approach to the patient with prediabetesVanita R Aroda
Med Star Clinical Research Center, 650 Pennsylvania Avenue SE, Washington, DC 20003, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:3259-65. 2008..This article will review some of the issues surrounding the identification and treatment of prediabetes, with an interpretation of the available data to help guide management...