Carole R Baskin
Affiliation: Arizona State University
- Functional genomic and serological analysis of the protective immune response resulting from vaccination of macaques with an NS1-truncated influenza virusC R Baskin
Department of Comparative Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 981951, USA
J Virol 81:11817-27. 2007..This protection was achieved in the absence of significant or long-lasting adverse effects and through induction of a robust adaptive immune response...
- Early and sustained innate immune response defines pathology and death in nonhuman primates infected by highly pathogenic influenza virusCarole R Baskin
Washington National Primate Research Center, Department of Comparative Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:3455-60. 2009....
- Macaque proteome response to highly pathogenic avian influenza and 1918 reassortant influenza virus infectionsJoseph N Brown
Department of Microbiology, Washington National Primate Research Center, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Virol 84:12058-68. 2010..Proteomic results were integrated with previous genomic and pathological analysis to characterize the dynamic nature of the influenza virus infection process...
- Differential microRNA expression and virulence of avian, 1918 reassortant, and reconstructed 1918 influenza A virusesYu Li
Department of Microbiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Virology 421:105-13. 2011..This study suggests that virulence of highly pathogenic influenza viruses may be mediated in part by cellular microRNA through dysregulation of genes critical to the inflammatory process...
- Transcriptional profiling in pathogenic and non-pathogenic SIV infections reveals significant distinctions in kinetics and tissue compartmentalizationSharon Lederer
Department of Microbiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000296. 2009..These patterns provide a unique view of how host responses differ depending upon lentiviral infection outcome...
- Integration of clinical data, pathology, and cDNA microarrays in influenza virus-infected pigtailed macaques (Macaca nemestrina)Carole R Baskin
Department of Comparative Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Box 358070, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Virol 78:10420-32. 2004....
- Vaccinia virus vaccines: past, present and futureBertram L Jacobs
School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287 5401, USA
Antiviral Res 84:1-13. 2009....
- Use of human nasal cannulas during bronchoscopy procedures as a simple method for maintaining adequate oxygen saturation in pigtailed macaques (Macaca nemestrina)Matthew J Thomas
Department of Microbiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 45:44-8. 2006....
- Pancreatic beta-cell failure and diabetes in mice with a deletion mutation of the endoplasmic reticulum molecular chaperone gene P58IPKWarren C Ladiges
Department of Comparative Medicine, Comparative Mouse Genomics Center, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Diabetes 54:1074-81. 2005..P58(IPK) function and activity may therefore provide a novel area of investigation into ER-mediated mechanistic and therapeutic approaches for diabetes...
- Gene Expression Control by the 1918 Flu in MacaquesCAROLE BASKIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such knowledge may lead to new therapeutic or vaccine strategies, which may serve as vital countermeasures against future influenza outbreaks. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..