Robert J Weiss
Affiliation: Androscoggin Cardiology Associates
- Efficacy and tolerability of nebivolol in stage I-II hypertension: a pooled analysis of data from three randomized, placebo-controlled monotherapy trialsRobert J Weiss
Androscoggin Cardiology Associates, Auburn, Maine 04210 5967, USA
Clin Ther 33:1150-61. 2011..Nebivolol is a β(1)-selective β-blocker with NO-mediated vasodilatory properties, approved in the United States for the treatment of stage I-II hypertension...
- Changing patterns of initial drug therapy for the treatment of hypertension in a Medicaid population, 2001-2005Robert Weiss
Androscoggin Cardiology Associates, Auburn, ME 04210, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 8:706-12. 2006..There appears to have been limited impact from the guidelines on initial drug choice and even less so on ongoing drug therapy...
- Changing patterns of initial drug therapy for the treatment of hypertension in a Medicaid population, 1997-2000Robert Weiss
Androscoggin Cardiology Associates, Auburn, Maine 04210, USA
Clin Ther 24:1451-62. 2002..The US Joint National Committee (JNC) on prevention, detection, evaluation, and treatment of high blood pressure recommended beta-blockers and thiazide diuretics as the drugs of first choice for the initial treatment of hypertension...
- Nebivolol: novel beta-blocker with nitric oxide-induced vasodilationRobert Weiss
Androscoggin Cardiology Research, 2 Great Falls Plaza, Auburn, ME 04210, USA
Future Cardiol 2:9-16. 2006..Nebviolol has been tested successfully in double-blind, placebo-controlled trials in both hypertension and congestive heart failure...
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled parallel-group study to assess the efficacy and safety of nebivolol, a novel beta-blocker, in patients with mild to moderate hypertensionRobert J Weiss
Androscoggin Cardiology Associates, Auburn, ME 04210, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 9:667-76. 2007..002). The overall adverse event experience was similar in the nebivolol (46.1%) and placebo (40.7%) groups (P=.273). Once-daily nebivolol is an effective antihypertensive in mild to moderate hypertensive patients...
- The relationship between nonfasting and fasting lipid measurements in patients with or without type 2 diabetes mellitus receiving treatment with 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase inhibitorsRobert Weiss
Androscoggin Cardiology Associates, Auburn, ME 14210, USA
Clin Ther 25:1490-7. 2003..Evidence shows that testing in the nonfasting state may not be clinically or significantly different from testing in the fasting state in identifying patients at risk for a future cardiovascular event...
- Nebivolol: a novel beta-blocker with nitric oxide-induced vasodilatationRobert Weiss
Androscoggin Cardiology Associates, 2 Great Falls Plaza Auburn, ME 04210, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 2:303-8. 2006..This article will review published clinical data regarding this cardioselective beta-blocker...
- Placebo effect and efficacy of nebivolol in patients with hypertension not controlled with lisinopril or losartan: a phase IV, randomized, placebo-controlled trialRobert J Weiss
Maine Research Associates, 2 Great Falls Plaza, Auburn, ME 04210, USA
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 13:129-40. 2013..Most patients with hypertension require more than one antihypertensive to achieve blood pressure (BP) control...
- Comparison of effects of nisoldipine-extended release and amlodipine in patients with systemic hypertension and chronic stable angina pectorisCarl J Pepine
University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Am J Cardiol 91:274-9. 2003..Thus, nisoldipine-ER and amlodipine provided comparable antihypertensive and anti-ischemic efficacy, and both were generally well tolerated...
- Success and predictors of blood pressure control in diverse North American settings: the antihypertensive and lipid-lowering treatment to prevent heart attack trial (ALLHAT)William C Cushman
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 4:393-404. 2002..Achievable control rates in varied practice settings and geographic regions and factors that predict improved blood pressure control are not well identified...
- Eplerenone, a selective aldosterone blocker, in mild-to-moderate hypertensionMyron H Weinberger
Indiana University School of Medicine, Hypertension Research Center, Indianapolis 46202 5111, USA
Am J Hypertens 15:709-16. 2002..Eplerenone, a selective aldosterone blocker (SAB) that is highly specific for the aldosterone receptor, has the potential to be efficacious in the treatment of hypertension...
- Efficacy and safety of fasudil in patients with stable angina: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 2 trialRalph M Vicari
MIMA Century Research Associates, Melbourne, Florida 32901, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:1803-11. 2005..This study sought to evaluate the efficacy and safety of fasudil, an orally available rho kinase inhibitor, in patients with stable angina...
- Results from a phase II multicenter, double-blind placebo-controlled study of Del-1 (VLTS-589) for intermittent claudication in subjects with peripheral arterial diseasePaul Michael Grossman
University of Michigan Healthcare System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0311, USA
Am Heart J 153:874-80. 2007....
- Beneficial effects of rosuvastatin alone and in combination with extended-release niacin in patients with a combined hyperlipidemia and low high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levelsDavid M Capuzzi
Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Cardiol 91:1304-10. 2003..Similar increases in HDL cholesterol and apolipoprotein A-I were noted between the monotherapy groups. Over 24 weeks, rosuvastatin alone was better tolerated than either ER niacin alone or the combinations of rosuvastatin and ER niacin...