Duane C McBride
Affiliation: Andrews University
- Drug treatment program ownership, Medicaid acceptance, and service provisionDuane C McBride
Institute for Prevention of Addictions, Andrews University, Berrien Springs, MI 49104 0211, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 42:116-24. 2012..The data suggest that Medicaid may play a significant role in offering key transitional/ancillary services related to successful treatment outcome, regardless of program ownership type...
- Quality of parent-child relationship and adolescent HIV risk behaviour in St. MaartenD C McBride
Andrews University, Berrien Springs, MI 49104, USA
AIDS Care 17:S45-54. 2005..Multi-variate analysis showed that a 'great' relationship with both parents, as perceived by the student, was significantly associated with lower rates of tobacco and alcohol use as well as lower rates of sexual activity...
- US Public Health Agency involvement in youth-focused illicit drug policy, planning, and prevention at the local level, 1999-2003Duane C McBride
Institute for Prevention of Addictions, Andrews University, 10211 IPA Rd, Berrien Springs, MI 49104 0211, USA
Am J Public Health 98:270-7. 2008....
- The role of public health agencies in providing access to adolescent drug treatment servicesCurtis J VanderWaal
Institute for Prevention of Addictions, Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan 49104 0038, USA
J Adolesc Health 39:916-24. 2006....
- Back to basics: the role of health insurance in getting a physical examDuane C McBride
Behavioral Science Department, Andrews University, Berrien Springs, MI, USA
Soc Work Health Care 42:93-106. 2005..Subjects who had health insurance for even one month of the past twelve were twice as likely to participate in basic health care by having a physical exam...
- Factors related to Medicaid payment acceptance at outpatient substance abuse treatment programsYvonne M Terry-McElrath
Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48106 1248, USA
Health Serv Res 46:632-53. 2011..To examine factors associated with Medicaid acceptance for substance abuse (SA) services by outpatient SA treatment programs...
- "The rock always comes first": drug users' accounts about using formal health careRene D Drumm
Department of Social Work, Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan 49104 0030, USA
J Psychoactive Drugs 35:461-9. 2003..By exploring the elements of health care access through the eyes of the drug users, researchers and treatment professionals may gain insights into new ways to improve health care access for this at-risk population...
- State policies matter: the case of outpatient drug treatment program practicesJamie F Chriqui
Institute for Health Research and Policy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 35:13-21. 2008..05 to < .001). This study presents new information regarding the potential role that state policy context may play in understanding treatment program practices...