Affiliation: Amgen Inc
- LIR9, an immunoglobulin-superfamily-activating receptor, is expressed as a transmembrane and as a secreted moleculeLuis Borges
Amgen Inc, Seattle, WA, USA
Blood 101:1484-6. 2003....
- A protective role for keratinocyte growth factor in a murine model of chemotherapy and radiotherapy-induced mucositisLuis Borges
Departments of Hematology, Cancer Biology, and Pathology, Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 66:254-62. 2006..To evaluate the activity of palifermin (rHuKGF) in a murine model of mucosal damage induced by a radiotherapy/chemotherapy (RT/CT) regimen mimicking treatment protocols used in head-and-neck cancer patients...
- Generation and characterization of monoclonal antibodies to human keratinocyte growth factor receptorPing Wei
Department of Hematology, Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320 1789, USA
Hybridoma (Larchmt) 25:115-24. 2006..Antagonistic MAbs were identified using a cell-based functional assay. These KGFR MAbs will be important reagents for studying the biological function and tissue distribution of this receptor in normal and pathological conditions...
- Effects of palifermin on antitumor activity of chemotherapeutic and biological agents in human head and neck and colorectal carcinoma xenograft modelsRachael Brake
Hematology and Oncology Research, Amgen, Inc, 1201 Amgen Court West, Seattle, WA 98119, USA
Mol Cancer Res 6:1337-46. 2008....
- Activation of human eosinophils through leukocyte immunoglobulin-like receptor 7Nicodemus Tedla
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy and Partners Asthma Center, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:1174-9. 2003..Thus, LIR7 is an activating receptor for eosinophils that elicited the release of cytotoxic granule proteins, de novo lipid mediator generation, and cytokine release through vesicular transport...
- Leukocyte immunoglobulin-like receptors: novel innate receptors for human basophil activation and inhibitionDavid E Sloane
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 104:2832-9. 2004..That LIR3 is profoundly counter-regulatory for both adaptive and innate receptors suggests a broad role in containment of the inflammatory response...
- Differential expression of leukocyte immunoglobulin-like receptors on cord-blood-derived human mast cell progenitors and mature mast cellsNicodemus Tedla
Inflammatory Diseases Research Unit, School of Medical Sciences, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
J Leukoc Biol 83:334-43. 2008....
- The co-expression of activating and inhibitory leukocyte immunoglobulin-like receptors in rheumatoid synoviumNicodemus Tedla
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Pathol 160:425-31. 2002..LIR-2 recognizes MHC class I molecules. We therefore suggest that LIRs may regulate the activation of infiltrating leukocytes in synovial tissue and are a potential therapeutic target...
- Autoantibody repertoires to brain tissue in autism nuclear familiesSusana C Silva
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia, Rua da Quinta Grande 6, 2781 196 Oeiras, Portugal
J Neuroimmunol 152:176-82. 2004..The molecular identification of the target protein in Section 32 will contribute to the understanding of the role of immune responses against brain antigens in autistic patients...