Ronald M Davis
Affiliation: American Medical Association
- Achieving racial harmony for the benefit of patients and communities: contrition, reconciliation, and collaborationRonald M Davis
American Medical Association, 515 N State St, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
JAMA 300:323-5. 2008
- British American Tobacco ghost-wrote reports on tobacco advertising bans by the International Advertising Association and J J BoddewynR M Davis
Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Henry Ford Health System, One Ford Place, 5C, Detroit, MI 48823, USA
Tob Control 17:211-4. 2008..Further research on tobacco industry documents and tobacco litigation transcripts should assess whether tobacco industry sources were responsible for ghost-writing other studies favourable to the industry...
- The Tobacco Deposition and Trial Testimony Archive (DATTA) project: origins, aims, and methodsRonald M Davis
Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Henry Ford Health System, One Ford Place, 5C, Detroit, MI 48202 3450, USA
Tob Control 15:iv4-8. 2006..The teams used qualitative research methods to analyse the documents, and their initial findings are published throughout this journal supplement...
- Inaugural address of the 162nd president of the American Medical AssociationRonald M Davis
Henry Ford Health System, One Ford Place, 5C, Detroit MI 48202, USA
Am J Prev Med 33:498-501. 2007..This portion of his speech can be found on the Journal's website at www.ajpm-online.net...
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to Tobacco Control: a global assessment of harms, remedies, and controversiesRonald M Davis
Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI 48202 3450, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 28:171-94. 2007..The Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (ratified by 140 countries as of October 1, 2006) provides a template outlining the ingredients for a comprehensive tobacco control campaign...
- Tobacco manufacturers' defence against plaintiffs' claims of cancer causation: throwing mud at the wall and hoping some of it will stickSharon Milberger
Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Henry Ford Health System, One Ford Place, 5C, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Tob Control 15:iv17-26. 2006..In the late 1990s and the early part of this decade, the major US cigarette manufacturers admitted, to varying degrees, that smoking causes cancer and other diseases...
- Segregation, civil rights, and health disparities: the legacy of African American physicians and organized medicine, 1910-1968Harriet A Washington
DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 101:513-27. 2009..This paved the way for a subsequent era of increasing cooperation and understanding...
- Ethics in the medical professionRonald M Davis
American Medical Association, USA
Mich Med 107:12-3. 2008
- Visiting multiple sites for immunization and vaccine coverage levels of preschool children in 3 urban clinics: potential indicator of record scatter?Christine L M Joseph
Henry Ford Health System, Department of Biostatistics and Research Epidemiology, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 41:249-56. 2002..7 (1.2-6.5). An interruption in health insurance showed a trend toward association with visiting > or = 2 sites. Our results support the need for working registries, clinic outreach, and continued evaluation of both...
- Preventing 3 million premature deaths and helping 5 million smokers quit: a national action plan for tobacco cessationMichael C Fiore
Center for Tobacco Research and Intervention, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, 53711, USA
Am J Public Health 94:205-10. 2004..The subcommittee report was presented to the ICSH (February 11, 2003), which unanimously endorsed sending it to Secretary Thompson for his consideration. In this article, we summarize the national action plan...
- Epidemiology of the third wave of tobacco litigation in the United States, 1994-2005Clifford E Douglas
Tobacco Control Law and Policy Consulting, 3189 Rumsey Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48105 3437, USA
Tob Control 15:iv9-16. 2006....
- The role of tobacco advertising and promotion: themes employed in litigation by tobacco industry witnessesMarvin E Goldberg
Smeal College of Business, Penn State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
Tob Control 15:iv54-67. 2006..To identify key themes related to tobacco advertising and promotion in testimony provided by tobacco industry-affiliated witnesses in tobacco litigation, and to present countervailing evidence and arguments...
- Measuring the health impact of smoking and health care providers' performance in addressing the problemRonald M Davis
Ann Intern Med 144:444-6. 2006
- Marriage counseling for medicine and public health: strengthening the bond between these two health sectorsRonald M Davis
Am J Prev Med 29:154-7. 2005
- The AMA Alliance: making a difference in public healthRonald M Davis
J Okla State Med Assoc 101:189. 2008