Affiliation: American Cancer Society
- Taxes on tobacco, alcohol and sugar sweetened beverages: Linkages and lessons learnedEvan Blecher
Economic and Health Policy Research, American Cancer Society, USA Southern African Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town, South Africa Electronic address
Soc Sci Med 136:175-9. 2015....
- Cigarette affordability in EuropeEvan Blecher
International Tobacco Control Research, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Tob Control 22:e6. 2013..To analyze trends in excise taxes, real price and the affordability of cigarettes in Europe, and to examine the impact of EU wide tax policies on new member states...
- Cigarette affordability trends: an update and some methodological commentsE H Blecher
International Tobacco Control Research, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, USA
Tob Control 18:167-75. 2009..To calculate cigarette affordability for a number of countries using different techniques and data, to investigate trends since 1990 and to assess the appropriateness of different measures of affordability...
- Targeting the affordability of cigarettes: a new benchmark for taxation policy in low-income and-middle-income countriesEvan Blecher
International Tobacco Control Research Program, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Tob Control 19:325-30. 2010....
- Is youth smoking responsive to cigarette prices? Evidence from low- and middle-income countriesDeliana Kostova
Emory University, Department of Economics, 1602 Fishburne Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Tob Control 20:419-24. 2011..To estimate the price elasticity of cigarette demand among youth in low- and middle-income countries (LMIC)...
- Predictors of what smokers say they will do in response to future price increases. Findings from the International Tobacco Control (ITC) Four Country SurveyHana Ross
American Cancer Society, 250 Williams St, Suite 600, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 13:419-25. 2011..Given the impact of higher tobacco prices on smoking cessation, we studied the role of future cigarette prices on forming expectation about smoking behavior...
- Tobacco expenditures and its implications for household resource allocation in CambodiaRijo M John
International Tobacco Control Research, American Cancer Society, 250 Williams Street, Atlanta, GA 30044, USA
Tob Control 21:341-6. 2012..To assess the determinants of smoking behaviour and to estimate the impact of tobacco consumption on the consumption of other commodities by Cambodian households...
- Do cigarette prices motivate smokers to quit? New evidence from the ITC surveyHana Ross
International Tobacco Control Research Program, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA 30303 1002, USA
Addiction 106:609-19. 2011..To examine the importance of cigarette prices in influencing smoking cessation and the motivation to quit...
- Cigarette affordability in the United StatesPriti Bandi
Intramural Research Department, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 15:1484-91. 2013..Studies have previously defined cigarette affordability internationally and have discussed its relevance as a tobacco control policy measure. This study provides the first estimates on cigarette affordability in the United States...