Affiliation: Altarum Institute
- A Framework for Assessing the Value of Investments in Nonclinical PreventionGeorge Miller
Altarum Institute Center for Sustainable Health Spending, 3520 Green Court, Suite 300, Ann Arbor, MI 48105 Email
Prev Chronic Dis 12:E216. 2015..Finally, it emphasizes the need to describe value from the perspectives of the multiple stakeholders that can influence such investments. ..
- Tradeoffs in cardiovascular disease prevention, treatment, and researchGeorge Miller
Altarum Institute, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Health Care Manag Sci 16:87-100. 2013..e., the spending mix that maximizes the overall QALYs achieved) would, indeed, shift spending from treatment to prevention...
- Responding to simulated pandemic influenza in San Antonio, TexasGeorge Miller
Altarum Institute, P O Box 134001, Ann Arbor, MI 48113 4001, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 29:320-6. 2008....
- Long-term cost-effectiveness of disease management in systolic heart failureGeorge Miller
Altarum Institute, Ann Arbor, MI 48113 4001, USA
Med Decis Making 29:325-33. 2009..Although congestive heart failure (CHF) is a primary target for disease management programs, previous studies have generated mixed results regarding the effectiveness and cost savings of disease management when applied to CHF...
- Quantifying national spending on wellness and preventionGeorge Miller
Altarum Institute, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Adv Health Econ Health Serv Res 19:1-24. 2008..We estimate national health expenditures on prevention using precise definitions, a transparent methodology, and a subdivision of the estimates into components to aid researchers in applying their own concepts of prevention activities...