Genomes and Genes
HONGKUI contact ZENG
Affiliation: Allen Institute for Brain Science
- Phenotypic analysis of mice deficient in the type 2 galanin receptor (GALR2)Michelle L Gottsch
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:4804-11. 2005..It is also conceivable that GALR2 plays only a subtle role in some of these functions and that the impact of its loss could not be detected by the analytical procedures used here...
- Thyrotropin-releasing hormone receptor 1-deficient mice display increased depression and anxiety-like behaviorHongkui Zeng
Omeros Corporation, 1420 Fifth Avenue, Suite 2600, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:2795-804. 2007..These results provide the first direct evidence that the endogenous TRH system is involved in mood regulation, and this function is carried out through TRH-R1-mediated neural pathways...
- The role of kisspeptin-GPR54 signaling in the tonic regulation and surge release of gonadotropin-releasing hormone/luteinizing hormoneHeather M Dungan
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Neurosci 27:12088-95. 2007..Thus, in mice, kisspeptin-GPR54 signaling is required for the tonic stimulation of GnRH/LH secretion but is not required for generating the E-induced GnRH/LH surge...
- A toolbox of Cre-dependent optogenetic transgenic mice for light-induced activation and silencingLinda Madisen
Allen Institute for Brain Science, Seattle, Washington, USA
Nat Neurosci 15:793-802. 2012..When combined with the hundreds of available Cre driver lines, this optimized toolbox of reporter mice will enable widespread investigations of neural circuit function with unprecedented reliability and accuracy...
- Large-scale cellular-resolution gene profiling in human neocortex reveals species-specific molecular signaturesHongkui Zeng
Allen Institute for Brain Science, Seattle, WA 98103, USA
Cell 149:483-96. 2012....
- Mouse transgenic approaches in optogeneticsHongkui Zeng
Allen Institute for Brain Science, Seattle, WA, USA
Prog Brain Res 196:193-213. 2012..In this chapter, we review the state of these efforts and consider aspects of the current technology that would benefit from additional improvement...
- Conditional calcineurin knockout mice exhibit multiple abnormal behaviors related to schizophreniaTsuyoshi Miyakawa
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Picower Center for Learning and Memory and RIKEN Massachusetts Institute of Technology Neuroscience Research Center, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:8987-92. 2003..Collectively, the abnormalities of CN mutant mice are strikingly similar to those described for schizophrenia. We propose that alterations affecting CN signaling could comprise a contributing factor in schizophrenia pathogenesis...
- Neuromedin U receptor 2-deficient mice display differential responses in sensory perception, stress, and feedingHongkui Zeng
Nura, Inc, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:9352-63. 2006..They suggest that NMUR2 plays a more significant role in central pain processing than other brain functions including stress/anxiety and regulation of feeding...
- Large-scale, saturating insertional mutagenesis of the mouse genomeAlexander Gragerov
Omeros Corporation, 1420 Fifth Avenue, Suite 2600, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:14406-11. 2007..The method also allows for increased scale and automation for the large-scale production of mutant mice, which could substantially expedite the functional characterization of the mouse genome...